News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

cabover vent source

Started by Anniepoo, March 27, 2013, 02:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anniepoo

I replaced my cabover vent a while back -
well,  recently the safety escape latch (cheap plastic) failed and I was on the highway, it beat itself banging up and down enough that I need to replace the whole unit -frame and all.

Near as I can tell it's 13 x 22 - though that's really my question - what size is this thing and where can I order one?

spokaneclipper

Hi we had our Escape vent decompose while we were driving also. It was readily available thru our local rv dealer.
it was 13 X 20. Most of the older rv's had this size, just bought the same vent lid size for a 1978 cabover highlander camper lastweek The whole vent assembly should be available.
I am in Spokane Washington the rv dealer I use is Chuck's RV in Mead Wa. 509-534-3069 he had both vent lids in stock when I needed them. they were  HENG brand.  HAPPY SPRING!

caninecaravan

Replacement vent hoods for the escape hatch and bathroom hatch are available from the national organization if you are a member. Otherwise you can usually get one from your RV dealer. I use Terry's RV in Stockton, Ca. and he is great for getting me what I need when I can't get it from the club.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

LARRY RAY

I too had the same problem, and found one at a local RV shop. Learned anew trick though from my dad. Cot some Styrofoam just bigger than the opening and cut a small hole for the handle if needed. Force it into the opening before highway driving. It keeps the air pressure off the lid, which in turn keeps it from trying to open. I have never had it open up in the slightest in years.  Hope this will help everyone reading this. I also do the bathroom the same way. The other has a lover top that faces the back and that works well also. But then again it is not an escape hatch.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.