News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Ripple at the roof/side wall joint

Started by bigray, July 19, 2004, 11:14:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hi All,

I have some ripples on the driver side right over the big window. About mid-ship.

I thought a couple of screws had rusted away and caused some slack in some places but that's not the case.  They ripples are quite stiff. I tried to remove all the screws from the aluminum molding so that I could see if there was water damage or something else causing the rippling. Alot of the screw were rusted to the point that I couldn't remove them. I replace the ones that I could and ran a bead of silicon along the top to prevent leaks.

My questing is: What behind the fiberglass? Is there wood right behind the fiberglass that perhaps received water damage over the years and has wharped. I'm trying to figure out if I have replace the fiberglass or what's behind it.

Any help would be appreciated.

bigray

Come on folks. I know somebody can answer my question?

Conrad

I can only guess that a wood frame is behind everything in our Clippers.  The few times that I have had anything removed from the interior proved to me to be wood framing.  It sure would be nice to have a construction diagram that shows the general placement of the framing in question.  I know that there is insulation in there.

Den

I have ripples also. I will take a pic or you take a pic and lets compare. Mine I believe were cause when they ran my Clipper into an overhead door at the shop.  :roll:  Everything was repaired but never noticed the ripples.

bigray

Dean,

Send me your email address and I'll take a picture when I get home today and send it to you.

bigray

Thanks for the reply Conrad. What I've seen thus far would suggest that it was would wood. However, with the curviture I would suggest that it was something else.

If not, someone did some serious wood work.

cat

Clip Jr. used to have a set of 35MM color slides that were available for a reasonable price that featured factory assembly photos.  It showed assembly of the fiberglas body onto the preassembled interior.  I don't have the Clip Jr. price list in front of me so I can't say Clip still has them.  Maybe some kind member would load you the set.

Robert P. Anderson

I do have all of the 8.5-11 photoes that are in the slide show.
The clipper does have a wood frame that has boxed out areas for the windows and vents :D
I bought the last full set that the club had.
You might call Mel and see if he has the one picture you want.
It looks like the clipper was framed with 1x2".
If you have any questions that I might be able to help you with either Email me (c170b@Juno.com) or call me at 559 233 8983
Bob Anderson :D

bigray

Robert,

Given that the club doesn't have anymore, have you given thought to digitizing them to make them available on the website. Or perhaps reproducing them and making them available for sale. Naturally, there are copyright issues but I thought the club has rights to American Clipper "stuff".

Personal, I would love to have a copy of the slides. Hell I'd love to have anything Clipper related.

Robert P. Anderson

The Clipper club have the slides.
I have only the 8.5x11 photos.
I would think a Email to June or Mel would answer the question if the slided can be reproduced.
Bob Anderson :roll:  :?: