News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Some questions on 79'

Started by susan-y, July 21, 2004, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susan-y

:roll: Have a '79 , 21 ft Party model on a local lot.  Gonna make an offer this a.m. (after a test drive)  Been looking at your site and thanks in advance for all the info I found.  Was stressed to see the mileage but understand the 440 is a good, strong engine.  Some stress (?) cracks in the rear cap but overall exterior looks in great shape.  

Inside could it possibly be the orginal burnt orange shag carpet?  The ceiling drops down 4 or 5 inches,  about a foot back from the cockpit.  Looks like a small shelf (with a bit of a curve) is this stock?

Please keep good thoughts on the chance to buy it.  For some reason the portholes, shag and exterior shape really talk to me.  (Course the 440 doesn't hurt either).  Oh, are all 440's MOPAR, or is it like a special egine configuration like the Chevy SuperSport.    Kinda wordy (can you tell I'm a little excited?)

handyman

Yes the carpit is oreganal as is the shelf great storge for blankets and such all 440 were mopar great motors, stress cracks are normal just old age like the rest of us hope you get your clipper there great coachs :D

Den

She may require work. However there great. Have had ours for 6 years now and still find things we change every trip.  :P

susan-y

Thanks Handyman and Den.  If I can get it today for $5,000 I'll be able to afford to have it checked out (mechanically)and possibly prevent future problems.  It has been garaged so exterior  looks pretty good.  Will try to post a pic if the deal goes through.