News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

White Paint

Started by bigray, June 16, 2004, 01:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hi Everybody,

Has anyone painted his/her Clipper a lighter color than from the factory.  I want to repaint mine but I want to go with a white. If someone has done this please share some picutes with me so that I will have an idea how it will look.  :roll:

Thanks!

Shayne

It will look.... BRIGHT!  :)

You sure you want to paint the fiberglass? If you look at the painted stripes on most clippers you will see that most are cracked and checked......  not sure I'd want that to be the whole thing.  Though at the last rally, me and another member were looking closely, and the cracking and checking is in the actual fiber glass.  We guessed that it was caused by the dark brown paint absorbing a lot more heat and causing the fiberglass to split... the orange stripe doesn't seem to do it.. at least nowhere near as bad.
Shayne Barr
ACOC #3146

bigray

That's what I'm after. Bright. When I'm at the camproungs all the other rigs look like flour and mine looks like cornmeal. I guess cornbread is just as good a biscuits, 'ey!

At any rate, I talk to a guy that restores boats. I saw his work and it's really good. He said he'd do the whole rig for $3,000 or 1,500 for something just short of a boat finish (which translate to lots and lots of wet sanding).

Listen to me, $3,000 bucks. This coming from a guy checking sofa for coins to get repalce my cooling unit in my frig. I'm afriad my wife is going to put me in the full nelson if I ask to spend $500.00 on my frig.