News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

wheel simulators

Started by Dean, May 09, 2004, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean

Hi All
I am a new member and have really learned a lot about my Clipper from the forums. Thought I would pass this info on to others. After much searching I found stainless steel wheel simulators for 16.5 budd wheels at
www.wheelsimulators.com. Cost was $149.00 + $19.50 shipping for a set of 4. These are bolt on and I think thyey look great.  
hope this helps someone.
Dean

Adrian

Dean,
Have you got your wheel covers yet?
I'm very interested in getting a set, the one you suggested are considerably cheeper than others I have looked at.
Do they fit well?
Do they mount under the lug nuts?
Thanks
Adrian

cat

Before you lay out your hard earned money, read Shayne's remarks regarding the safety issue of wheel liners - Tech. section may 27,'04.
 They're really a useless item that only benefits the seller.  I wouldn't install them simply because I wouldn't be able to apply and maintain the proper torque.  The key word is maintain.  Because the lug nuts will loosen over time.  Read your shop manual regarding the torque required for the lug nuts.  It'll surprise you.

Dean

adrian

Yes, I have the new simulators on and they are the under lug type. Look very nice.
As far as lug nut torque, I have mine re-checked often. S.O.P.
Dean