News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

SAGGY BUTT LIFT

Started by bigray, February 25, 2004, 12:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigray

Hello to All in CLIPPERLAND,

The tail end of 79 CLIP/rear kitchen is sagging. I thought it was the springs or airbags but turns out my frame just beyond my rear wheel is giving away. It has two demples in each sides and there is noticible downslope in the kitchen.

I saw the corrective reimforcement diagram in the tech forum but wondered if anyone has corrected preexisting sag.

Let me know!

junebob

Bigray-Saggy butt
Any GOOD SHOP will straighten your rear frame rails BEFORE they install a reeinforcing system. This is a must. This is commonly done by jacking your saging frame up to plumb ,repairing the frame with plate stock/or?? then adding the strenghening assembly. It is esentual that the frame is brought to plum before any welding is done.You didn't mention it but I would bet the sides of your fiberglass body in the area of the rear wheels are buckled and wavy. The frame repair and strengthening will also cure that problem.Make sure your reeinforcing material is STRONGER than the existing frame material. The Diagram in the news letter is at least a very good one. Your shop may want to improve on it [IFF POSSABLE]Bob Chaney #2626

bigray

Thanks Bob,

As alway you are a great help. And yes, my fiberglass is buckled just slightly.

Speaking of which the where the roof and side come together, there is alot of verticle ripples. Looks like it coming apart in between the screws that hold the top on. Have you or anyone else experienced this?

junebob

Big Ray-SIDE RIPPLES AT THE TOP /SIDE Joints.
It is very likely thats just whats happening.Commonly, at twenty five plus or minus years of age our Clippers have at least some rusted out screws and/or rotten wood.There are many news letter and web sight  entries covering this subject,complete with    While the stock screw cover molding can ussually be reeinstalled,{If you dont care that its turned brittle,shrunk and doesn't  seal out much dirt or water] the replacement stock fits more snuggly than the stock material ever did, is easy to install,and is ultraviolet ray resistant, It also looks better.     At the clip junior price of 75 Cents a foot its a bargain.Contact Mel for the details.    Bob Chaney #2626