News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

onan generator 4.0 BF-3CR/16000B

Started by MissTaz, November 03, 2002, 10:19:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissTaz

I have a '78 dodge 440 clipper. I bought about a year ago. My problem is I can start the generator but it won't run but a couple of seconds. If anyone has had this happen, please help me.I am new to RVing. I have no manuals for anything. If anyone can help me in locating some manuals on operating and maintence I sure would be truly greatful. Thanks

Adrian

handyman

Miss Taz look at the tech forum for a generator problem I gave a whole list of things to check and trouble shoot but the main problem it sounds like your starving for gas, do you have more than a 1/4 tank of gas if it's a factory gen the gas pick up is about 3 to 4 inch above the bottom of the tank, if you have a elec fuel pump turn it on with the engine off and try to start it then, take off the air cleaner and shoot a little starter fluid in the carb as it trys to stop shoot a little more if it stays running then your not getting enoff gas hope this helps  

handyman

Sorry forgot the most important thing check your oil level if it's low it won run eather  

normy

i had the same problem on my new onan i know this might not sound right but it works and won't hurt the starter after it starts continue to hold the start button another 2 or 3 seconds it worked for me
norm

junebob

Miss Taz- #261 And Matt- #275 ONAN Generator Questions.
You Can get the best information on Your Onan unit by going directly to the Onan People. That would be your Closest local Cummins Diesel Engine /Onan Dealer.They are totally up to date on repairs, Replacenents Etc.They also have manuals available on most, if not all Generator units. There prices may be beat if you shop around, especialy on a new unit. So learn from them and buy where you get the best deal. Bear in mind if you are having a new unit installed,. Consider who is most likely to do it right. For repairs or maintenance,    In my opinion , There is no place as good as Cummins/Onan.  #2626 Bob Chaney

Alan Caldwell

I'm just wondering if you got it going ,,