News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

spare tire mounting

Started by Tom Aber, February 12, 2003, 12:38:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Aber

I have recently purchased a Clipper and have noticed on the web site that they didn't have the spare mounted on the back. It would be helpful to me to move it because of the size of my RV port and also to accomidate a cargo carrier (receiver mounted). Any info on where it should/could be would be great. It may have been moved because a trailer hitch system from the previous owner (to Clipper site specs) was installed. Thanks.

handyman

Look under the Generator door area it was located there a on a really weired carrier

Tom Aber

I saw the area underneath sort of between the underside of the generator housing and the passenger side door nestled up next to the tailcone of the trannie. There was what looked like a couple of nuts welded to the frame, one about 1/2 inch deep and the other normal size. Is this where the carrier bolted to the frame with some sort of threaded rod? If anyone has more info it would be appreciated. If anyone is local to Orange/LA counties, I could certainly make the drive to see it in person. Thanks for any help!