News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Holding tanks?

Started by lefty1, September 19, 2002, 02:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty1

I am a 'Newbie' for sure. I need to know if there is a way to add an extension release/open handle to the grey water holding tank and if so how much and where to get it done. {It is a '77 rear kitchen on a Dodge chasis.) Also, has anyone replaced the gas/electric refrigerator with a larger one--say apartment size?

Conrad

I replaced my  old 3-way fridge with a new 2-way about two years ago.  It was the same size, well slightly larger in  width 1/4".  It isn't hard to do.  I did have to remove my coach door to get the new one in but it gave me an opportunity to weatherize the door frame.  I also added some wood furring to the front edges of the fridge compartment, 2 x 2's, cedar.  I did that cuz I damaged the old trim.  Which I didn't like anyway so now it is nicer looking.  We have not had any problems with the 2-way.  I like it cuz it doesn't drain the battery.

LarryAlida

Lefty 1. Look in the Links on the home page.Check out Dupree they are nice people and may be able to help you with your holding tank problem.Larry.

HPotter

On page 5 of issue #40 of the Club newsletter (Aug. '92), mention is made of a dump handle extension that was being made and sold by Bob Cornell, ACOC member # 045, in Sacramento. A lot of these were purchased and installed by club members. Clip, Jr. sold them for awhile.
I've seen them, and my brother has one. Don't know if they are still available, but there is a lead for you, anyway. Good luck!~

Harold, #886

Mark Smith

The ACOC club has a new installation of dump handles the are easy to work and both handles are mounted at the edge of the Clipper body -- easy reach.  They cost $50 and another $50 for installation.  Contact Mel -- the club supply officer.
Mark  ACOC #1077