News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Blinkers not behaving

Started by Horst, March 05, 2002, 08:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

I have been having trouble with my blinkers.
Sometimes the blinker indicator on the dash would stay lit - the front blinker wouldn't work, or come on when headlights turned on, etc.

Turned out to be bad ground connection on BOTH blinkers - one loose, the other tight but  corroded on both the wire contact and where it was grounded to the coach.

Cleaned, WD40 and tightened - and lights work wonderfully.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Brendan

I have found that the connections in the tail lights leave a lot to be desired. The wires are connected to the bulb fixtures through a stamped steel push-in connector. Vibration and corrosion take their toll and make for bad connections here. A bad ground connection at the tail lights was making my blinkers, running lights and brake lights go nuts. The trick here was to clean up the wire and reinsert it into the fixture. There were also some wire nut connections in front of the light fixtures, inside the rear end of the Clipper, that were corroded and not making good connection. Clean it all up, put a little sealant on it, and keep on truckin'.

Brendan #2959