News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Losing fresh water..

Started by mempersman, April 14, 2002, 04:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mempersman

Has anybody experienced a loss of freshwater probably losing it through the toilet into the blackwater tank ?? Bad valve on the toilet?? I can fill my freshwater tank and barely use it than its empy within a few days..

Denise Muller

We are having thr same problem.  We replaced the valve for the gray water, which seemed to help a good deal,  but we're still seeing water and suds leaking out underneath.  When you do find an answer,  let us know,  and I'll write you if I learn anything new.  Good luck

junebob

Horst

My shower doesn't drain into the blackwater tank.

I thought that showers drained into the grey water tank on Clippers - at least miine does, and so do two of my friends Clippers and my brother-in-laws Clipper    

Now as to the loss of water. Sit quietly in your Clipper for a while (at least 30 minutes) Have your water pump on, if the toilet is leaking, the pump wil pop on for a second or two, sometimes every few minutes or less if the toilet leak is bad - this happened to me and I fixed my toilet - no more leaking water.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

junebob

I stand corrected, I misspoke.Just the bathroom sink drains into the black water tank ,not the shower.    Bob Chaney

Richard Peterson

I had a leak at the coldwater T valve under the kitchen sink and the water would end up on top of my holding tanks before hitting the ground.  When I had the drawers out, and the bathroom floor out, it became obvious where the leak was coming from.  A new fitting and some plastic pipe solved the problem.
Richard Peterson

HPotter

Regarding the leaking water, we had the same thing--every 10 seconds or so the pump would run for a moment and rebuild pressure. I determined the water valve in the toilet was indeed the culprit. The toilet was the original Aqua-magic III  by Thetford. Camping World quoted a replacement for $33.00 and had it in stock here in the Portland area. But for $116 I replaced the whole toilet with the current Aquamagic IV model. No more problem.
Harold, #886

Brendan

I think I posted this before, but...

I had the elbow connecting the fresh water tank to the drain valve break on my way down Baja. This caused the entire water tank to drain out on the ground in about a day. Since the water tank was enclosed in the front bench of the dinette, the only access was available after the tank was empty and could be lifted out. A new elbow fixed the problem, but only after a week of DRY camping in Mexico.

Brendan #2959