I sent photos to Dicor customer service, they felt it made no sense as to why it should be leaking. I even took photos to a repair shop and they said it should not be leaking.
After further contemplation - I crawled up onto the roof again checked everything out. The old hatch was leaky, but this one was massive. I have come to the conclusion that it is a defective lid that does not go down and seal properly. It did not dawn on me till thinking about how much rain was coming into the RV .
I stopped by the house of another Clipper owner here in town (thanks Ian) and climbed up on the roof and pressed down on his hatch and there was no play it was completely flush and so were his other vents and also when I checked my RV again my other vents were solid too.
Here the video link. https://goo.gl/photos/p7RRwK1jZ36fd5yb7
Because, it was a brand new vent, it never dawned on me that everything would not be working correctly, The hatch crank closes fine, but the lid has about a 1/8" - 1/4" play in it that I can press it down. So I am assuming that with winds, it is easier for the rain to get into the RV.
I had ordered it from Amazon since that seemed to be the only source I could find for it. The good news is I called Amazon and they are replacing free of charge 1. the hatch 2.the buytl tape 3. the two tubes of Dicor it took me to install it. Bad news is - I have to rip this freaking thing out and do it over again
But on the upside, I get more hatch installation practice, Amazon is paying for the replacement supplies, and it will be much faster, because the screws are not rusty and the sealant is newly laid down.
Customer service was great and they didn't argue a bit when I asked them to replace the two additional products free of charge, because if the lid was not defective I would not have to do this whole job again.