News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Replacing metal refrigerator vent? GenerAl questions?

Started by pdxpfeifer, November 10, 2016, 09:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Hi everyone, I found a leak in my refergriator vent. The wood paneling above the refrigerator has become damp and warped. I was also having problems with the replacement fridge not cooling. So I took the metal vent cap cover to inspect for blockage and could not find anything.

I thought I clamped down the metal vent cap well enough, but did not and of course lost the lid in flight while driving. I manage to do this and not hear it hit the ground?

I have fingered out that the vent needs to be caulaked, that's causing he leaking.
Do I:
1. Recaulk mental vent and spend $28 on a new metal vent lid - that might blow off again? What did I screw up??
2. Rip everything out an out in plastic unit?

Advise please??? And any links or model numbers too.
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799