News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New Clipper Owners

Started by Howard Bullit Stubbs, August 08, 2016, 03:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Bullit Stubbs

Hello everyone, we are new Clipper owners here on the west side of Michigan! Runs good, looks good, just needs some tlc. A few things to fix that I consider minor, just an investment of time and a few dollars. All in all it seems like a good well built unit and I've been a Mopar guy since I was a kid and started driving. Looking forward to joining your group and sharing in knowledge.
1978 440 rear kitchen couch.

Toedtoes

Welcome!  Lots of good info here to be had.  When you join, you'll get upgraded to the "National Club Member" status and that will give you access to all the technical boards with tons of good info on diagnostics, mods, repairs, etc.

Please feel free to post any questions, browse around, etc.  Sometimes it takes a while for someone to respond, but they will. :)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Howard Bullit Stubbs

Mailed in membership form today. Motorhome # is S-2737.

TwoHill

Hello I as well just picked up a 1976 clipper and I think it has some problems. But without really checking it out first I drove it 2 hour through a forest by myself at night and it got me home so I don't think its too bad, but now it doesn't start

Toedtoes

How does it not start?  Does the engine try to turn over?  Does the ignition just click?  Does it just go "rumrumrum" and never catch?

More detail on what it is doing or not doing when you turn the key will help us suggest some possible causes.

TwoHill

It turns over and after a loud backfire it ran for like 90 seconds and now nothing. someone put a second electric fuel pump on it so when its going up hills it wont stall but that's all the guy told me

Toedtoes

Hmm, that's not one of the many starting issues I've dealt with...  ::)

It could be the carburetor.  Maybe the gas is bad - how long did it sit and was the gas in it during all that time?

You might try starting simple and putting in fresh gas and a cleaning agent.  That might loosen things up.