News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

New American Clipper Fan!

Started by buenaventuraj, September 03, 2015, 09:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buenaventuraj

I am an Air Force Combat Veteran who served as a Joint Terminal Attack Controller (i.e. I was with the Army my entire career) with PTSD and what the VA calls Medically Unexplained Multi-symptom Illness (They can't just call it Gulf War Syndrome) which manifests itself as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Fibromyalgia. I served for 16.5 years active and reserve combined until I was medically retired. I am training my own service dog with the help of 4 Paws 4 Patriots (Shadow has saved my life and possibly many others multiple times). And the CFS and PTSD feed off of each other in a terrible endless circle. So I have been going through some stuff and decided to go visit some of my old battle buddies around the country as I wait for the contractor license for the new business. Being used to sleeping on top, inside and under a HMMWV and currently owning a 2005 Mustang GT, I decided to look for a truck to do the drive and carry my gear. A couple of attempts failed and I decided to increase the maximum I wanted to spend to $2500. I was looking for a truck as I could also justify it for business use and never thought I could find an RV under that amount. God smiled upon me and showed me a 1978 American Clipper for $2300 which I now own and is as far as I can tell in incredible shape. So now I can take it slow on my trip and be a lot more comfortable. I am new to the RV stuff and very excited to get input on things to do to it. I am hoping that a 4 barrel Edelbrock is legal in California for that year, wish me luck and send me info.

Bueno
Bueno
Bueno

Clipper Joe

Hello & Welcome,
Thank You For Your Service, Being Also An Army Vet. 69-71. And Having 2 Sons That Served Multi Deployments In Iraq. We Know How Hard That PTSD Can Be On Someone's Self.
It Is Great You Will Have Your Service Dog With You & He Is Sure To Have Your Back.

Now To Your RV, Hope You Will Be Able To Share Some Photos Of It? And Remember Most Of Us Have Named Or Clippers, Mine Is A Dodge 1977 Am Clipper 440 Rear Kitchen I Call Him ' Wilson '.

Have Done A lot Of Work To Make Him Road Ready.
I Have An Eldebrock 4 Barrel Carb, But Trying To Get The Orig. OEM Thermo Quad Back On, Then Will Be Able To Judge Better The MPG, & Power.
Have Had A little Problem With Vapor Lock, In High Heat Conditions, Up Steep Grades. Wilson Has No
Problems, On Cool Days or At Night Driving.
But Want This RV To Preform In Any Conditions.
They Can Be A Labor Of Love Or How The Wife States, "You Need What For That Old Thing Again."

Hope You Will Join The American Clippers Owners Club, There Are Rally's & A Mountain Of Info For These Old Rigs. ;)

Again Welcome & Keep Us Updated On Your New Clipper. Progress .;D

Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

kenmel

Ken and Melissa, 1978 821 FIT, rear kitchen. ACOC #3805