News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Boondocking

Started by Sfine, June 25, 2014, 04:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfine

;D the best..in my book.
No neighbors. No camp host. No fees. No smelly pit toilets and noisy garbage bins.

With rigs such as ours... There is no reason that we can't go boondocking for a few days .
Hwy 4 corridor offers many such places all the way over Ebbetts Pass to markleeville.
One favorite is the hermit valley music festival,held in the fall in honor of the scenic highway. You drive up and park under any tree that offers you shade...remember, no hookups..just get level and enjoy the music all day. I know, a little spiffy for boondocking but I didn't see any rules !!
Often, just to escape the weekend tourist crowds....well find a logging road and explore it until it leads to a cool spot to camp...usually next to a little creek or a nice view.
In all honesty ,,, I think real hard before I turn the key off  when I'm off the beaten path..no one to rescue us...fortunately, haven't needed rescued yet.   Go Clipper....GO !
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I'd like to start doing some boondocking, but I need to get my starting issue resolved first.  Once I know that is fixed, I will start checking out some boondocking areas.

Meanwhile, I do the national forest campgrounds - no hookups, lots of trails to hike, dogs allowed on the trails (yes, I'm talking to you California State Parks!), and some gorgeous locations.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Hey You Both, Steve & Toedtoes,

Just Taking Clipper Out Is Great Fun,
Seems There Is Something Always Coming Up :(

I Know I Should Just Pack Up & Go For A Weekend Even To Half Moon Bay Beach..

Take Care,
Joe
ACOC # 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher