News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Wood Vs Carpets For House

Started by Clipper Joe, May 04, 2014, 09:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

Hello All Clipper Folks,

Just Wanted To Add A Topic On House Floors.

I Know Most Of Our Clippers, No Matter What Age Came With Different Color Carpets, Knowing Most Are Up There In Age & Are Dated Some What :(

I Have Read Some Other Rv Forums, They Stated That In Colder Locations, Carpets Or Linoleum Is The Best Suit in These Colder Climates.

I Have Seen A lot of RV's With Perego With Small Pads Installed, I Have Went With A Tile Design Armstrong Swifthlock Style, I Installed A Heat Resistance Padding To Keep Inside Cool In Summer & Warm In Winter. the Small Draw Back It Is A Floating Floor, So I Used Wood Stained Base Boards & Secured Floor @ Front By Cab @ Front By Stairs With A Secured Thresholds.

I Have Added A Few Throw Rug Runners When I Have My Shoes Off, For Comfort. ;D

If Any Other Clipper Owners Out There Have  Changed From Other Than Carpets, Please Share Your Input>>> Thanks,

Will Try & Upload A Few Photos, Or Will Show You The End Project @ One Of The Rally's, Feel Free To Ask To See, We Will Be Happy To Show You & Explain The Process..

Joe & Denise
ACOC# 3749
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

I think a lot has to do with how you use the clipper.  For me, I do mostly camping in dirt settings (federal forests) with the dogs.  The previous owner had replaced the original carpeting with new carpeting - it is in decent condition, so I have left it for the time being while I get other areas worked on.  But, it's a pain to vacuum out after each trip, and the dog hair builds up along the edges.  So, at some point, I will replace it with flooring.  I'm not sure what type of flooring yet, so I'd love to see photos of choices made.

I can see the issue with winter camping and flooring, and if you're staying at RV parks with cement slabs and lawn, then carpeting makes sense.  But if you're walking out of the clipping and into the snow, then using carpeting may not last as long as flooring.  Cork may be an option - it's supposed to be warmer than other flooring.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Our Clipper came with aftermarket real oak hardwood floors installed, and we love them.  I have a lambs wool car duster that I can sweep the finest dust and dog hair with ease. If a drop of coffee gets spilled, it wipes right up, when its cold, we throw down a narrow rug that can be shook out..   sheepskin under the dining table for a cozy place to rest our tired feet.  Knowing the amount of dirt a carpet can hold, it's the only way for us. Seems to stay cleaner longer too.
I have waxed it a few times, probably ready for a clear coat by now. Just wish the bath was wood too.
It gives the coach a cabin feel ....our Mt. cabin on wheels!!
  Cork would be nice too! Renewable!!  Given the choice, that would be mine. But since the Oak is there and in good shape, Oak it shall remain.  This is not a floating floor.
They are all beautiful, carpet, vinyl, or wood.!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,

Sounds Like Your Clipper Is A Real Peach, Wish Wilson Was Take Care Of, I Would Not Have To Go With So Many Repairs. >:( Getting To Now Doing Improvements To Better The MPG, & Updating The Hard To Get Stuff.

Should Be Able To Have A One Of A Kind Clipper Garage Sale After Projects Are Done.  8)
I Have Been Able To Keep Most Parts I Have Taken Off, Orig. Fridge, Old Power Center, Old Vents & Escape Hatch Cover, Extra Hood, & Extra Grille, & Headlight Doors, Some Mopar Nos Parts EGR Etc.
Will Have The Wheels & Tires 16.5 When I Get New Ones 16" . Need The $$$ Wife Says Spending To Much All At Once, Is Not Cutting It.

Joe
ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Steve,
For Got To Tell You Stay With Wood Floors, ;) More Durable In Wet Or Dry Conditions. A Little Work To Clean & Re-Finish, But Stands Out Nicely With Wood Cabinets.. :)

Joe
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

I was looking at cork flooring the other night.  I think that might be the way I go.  There are some very pretty styles out there in great colors like maple, ebony, etc. - even ORANGE and GREEN!!!!   :o  ;D
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754