News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Road Trip ...... Mich. to Fla.

Started by Howard Bullit Stubbs, July 26, 2017, 04:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard Bullit Stubbs

Well we packed up Howie and took off for Florida for a 4 week round trip. It was a leap of faith. We did pretty good. Howie ran real good, 3,354 miles total, 2 qts. of oil, 1 qt of trans fluid, power steering belt loosened, and had a flat tire on the way home. House air worked great and it was hot,hot,hot in Florida!!! Drove , mostly, at 56/57 to 60/62 mph, averaged 8.5 mpg, oil pressure on the hwy. 65/70 psi and the hottest temp. seen on temp. gauge was 200* F. Most of the time the water temp. was 175/180. We still have many little things to do to make our Clipper "shine", but we are going to keep her. We have all new cushions and now 6 brand new tires, along with all the changes  under the hood. Clipper generated many conversations along the way and at campgrounds.
  Eventually I'll get all the photos of what we've done and some of our trip. In two years we plan to travel from Mich. to Oregon and back, over the whole summer, we're really looking forward to that.

Toedtoes

Congratulations! That is a successful run!
;D ;D ;D 8)
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Howard,
That's The Way To Make A Safe Trip.
In Past Posts, You Pre-Paired Your Clipper for This
Trip. You Call Him Howard, Nice Name Mine Is Called ' Wilson'
Funny Men Call There Clippers After Guy Names,
Woman Call After Lady Names. All Good.

Again Glad You Were Able To Return Home Safely.
And Clipper In Good Shape Ready For Next Outing.

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Howard Bullit Stubbs

How our "clipper" got it's name. My wife liked "Howie", for "house on wheels". My 10 year old son liked "bullit" after the movie. And I liked "stubby" because it's kinda short and stubby. So we all call it what we like, but we gave it a proper name, hence....
Howard Bullit Stubbs ! 8)

Toedtoes

I had a friend who did that with her kid.  She picked one name, dad picked the second, and her friends at work picked the third...  :D

I rescued a puppy who was named Bullit by the new owners - he'd eat slugs and puke them up...  I hope Howard Bullit Stubbs doesn't eat slugs.  ;)