News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Motor cover cleats

Started by Sfine, September 18, 2013, 04:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfine

Does anyone know where I might locate the cleats, or hooks that bolt to the floor of the cab to secure the doghouse cover over the engine compartment? I would also like to replace the rubber seal is its obtainable.
Thanks.
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I believe they can be had from the club.  Check the parts form on the forms page.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Thanks toedtoes,!
I wasn't sure that was still available. I also need a few lenses for the upper running lights, good place to check.
Other than these discussions, it seemed the dates on most of the correspondence were 1 or2 years old. I'm happy to see the club is still active, and happy to be a member.
I just sent in my  $membership, so I imagine im eligible to purchase thru the club now .

Amazingly, the appliances and such in the 79 I just purchased were all in perfect working order, with the exception of the generator. Lucky me !
The generator is not getting gas. Either the pump is shot, or there is an air leak in the fuel line , not sure yet, as far back as I can search the line, it's ok, but if I blow in it, I do not hear gas bubbling, just air. The main tank has plenty of gas, so that's not the issue. If I prime the carb, it will run momentarily . It's an Onan. Any thoughts on the fuel pump, and where I might find a new one?
You seem we'll versed in these machines..thanks for your input, I appreciate your knowledge .
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

The club is still active.  I think a lot of the longtime members aren't really active on the website anymore.  There has been some issues with updating forms, etc. that I'm hoping can be resolved at the next National Rally.

Which will be in San Andreas at the end of October.  And, Clipper Jr will be there!  That's the name of the trailer that holds all the club parts.  If you buy at the rally, you don't have to pay for shipping costs.

As for the generator, I don't know much on that.  You might see if someone can do a smoke test for you.  If there is a blockage or leak in the lines, the smoke test should show where.  With the fuel pump, I'd check www.onanparts.com first.  Others may have some other options/advice for you.

Sfine

I will definitely attend the rally in October...Murphy's is just 40 minutes from San Andreas !
I had been searching for just that information. Where can I learn more details? If there is anything I can help out with , or contribut my time to, I would be interested in becoming involved to support the group.
Are you planning to attend? Hopefully we'll get the chance to meet then,
Thanks again
Steve
     Murphys, California

Toedtoes

I saw your location as I posted. Definitely an easy trip!

The rally is October 25 to 28. Gold Strike Village RV park. If you just sent in your membership paperwork, then you should get the rally registration form shortly.  I think it's arround $31 per night.

If you don't get the registration form in the next couple weeks, let me know and I will scan mine and send it to you.

I am planning on attending the rally also.  I believe they had their annual officer election at the last rally, but I'm sure there are things us "newbies" can do to help.  I think it's just a matter of everyone getting past the "we could", "we're waiting", etc and actually doing the stuff.  I offered to assist in several ways, but haven't pushed forward with anything.  Existing officers have said great to my assistance, but haven't given me anything definitive. Hopefully, the rally can get us all into gear. :D

sandeelfly

I also need two cleats...anywhere I can purchase these?
NAVY Veteran
Naval Security Group
1969-1979
Retired, now Fly fishing and oil painting.

Toedtoes

You can order the cleats from the national club.  Go to www.americanclipperownersclub.com (not to the forum), then click on FORMS at the left.  You will find the order form there.

As long as you're a member, you can order them.