News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Gas tank

Started by Happy Times 57, August 06, 2013, 03:05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Times 57

I need a gas tank for a 1977 American clipper and a grill does any body where I can find one also what is the best carb replacement. Thinks Tim

Clipper Joe

Hi Tim,
Welcome To American Clipper Forum.

There Are Some Posts on Forum, There is One By A Clipper Owner 'Mr. Horst, His Post was under General on May 8, 2013 He has I Think Replaced his with a Metal one instead of Poly.
Read Post it has a Link that may help you...

What State do you live in?
Our Clipper is a 440-3 V-8 Dodge.
You Stated you are also, looking for a Upgraded Carb.
I have read in past Forum post, Some Earlier 360 Ci Clipper Owners Have installed a Eldelbrock High rise Performer Manifold & 4 Barrel Carb.

We used to own a 1973 Fleetwood Tioga Rv With A 360 Dodge V-8
I Rebuilt Upper End, New RV Camshaft, did Valve Job, High Rise Manifold & 4 Barrel Eldelbrock Performer Carb. It Ran Very Well.
You Stated you Only Have 35,000 Miles that is Great.

I Do have a Complete 1977 Dodge Grille Unit, as a Spare.

What is Wrong with Your???
That is why I ask What State you live in,
Shipping Would Cost $$$$

Please let us know if this helps.

Remember there is a lot of info from Pass Clipper Owners, who have Posted great ideas as well a Hard Knocks problems over the Years, a Great People Here.. :)

Regards,
Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

LARRY RAY

I have a brand new edelbrock (can't tell the# of the top of my head) it's a 650cfm that will bolt right on. I'll be glad to part with for 100.00 and you pay the shipping.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

caninecaravan

If you need a gas tank, you are better off having a metal one made in either the 36 or 50 gallon size. I have a 46 gallon metal on mine which I had put in to replace the plastic ones, which will leak over time. I have a mechanic in Stockton, Ca. who can get one made for you and installed. let me know if you want that information. CanineCaravan
canine caravan ACOC #3552