News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Looking for a trani dipstick for my 78 Dodge 440

Started by jeanlouise38, July 23, 2013, 10:42:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanlouise38

Some bright spark has lost the end off the sensor. I have checked with wreckers - laugh, laugh, nothing THAT old!  My local Dodge dealership parts manager was very helpful and tried to track one down through his suppliers. Word came back that this was obsolete - help!!

Clipper Joe

Hi Jean,
Can you post a photo of your dip stick.
I have a spare off a 1977, it has 2 wires at top,
I got it years ago. I found on Summit Racing, they have a Manual one for a 727 Torqueflite Trans for $60.00 can send you link.

Hope this helps, :)
Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

jeanlouise38

Hello Joe - thanks for your reply.  We have a bit of a dilemma in as much that because we cannot find any any transmission warning lights or gauges on the dash to indicate that any signal is sent by the dipstick.  Therefore we assumed that the dipstick should be a straightforward piece of metal with various markings on it. If you are aware of a light or gauge that indicates the level of the transmission fluid, please would you let me know where it might be and then I will be able to determine which type of dipstick I need.  You will appreciate that we are going through quite a learning curve and would like any advice you can give us.

Thanks again,   Jean

bulldog 1995

there is a light located in the area under the radio that says "trans". it is a trans temp warning light. that is what the wires are for.

the dipstick is black, made of  plastic and has 2 wires that come out of the top of it for the sensor.

the fact tat it's gone harms nothing as long as you have a normal metal unit in it's place
77 821 FCIT Dodge 440 w/less then 30,000 miles