News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Running Lights Question

Started by jweathers57, May 28, 2013, 10:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jweathers57

My running/parking lights come on without the headlights being on.  Is this the way they are suppost to work?   Is there a separate switch for the running lights?  I'm still getting familiar with the cab area.  I focused on the home part first.  May not have been the best choice. :-)

Jill W
1977 Rear Kitchen

Toedtoes

If you pull the light switch out, the first click will turn on the running lights.  Pull it out again and your headlights will turn on.  This is standard on all vehicles.

P.S.  Your high beams are turned on by stepping on the round metal peg on the floor.  Step on it again to turn off the high beams.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

jweathers57

I thought the knob was pushed all the way in last night.  I just checked and they didn't come on when I start the RV this morning.  My daughter and I put an AM/FM radio in over the weekend and I worked on getting all of headlights and taillights working.  I thought we'd messed something up or there was another switch.

Thank You!
Jill

Toedtoes

My pleasure.  It took me a while to remember what the peg in the floor was for - I hadn't seen one in ages.  The other thing I had a hard time finding was the emergency blinker switch.  It's the skinny red lever sticking out of the steering wheel on the right side (not easy to find in the dark for the first time).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754