News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

I need a washer for the hubcap on my '77 .

Started by Earle, May 26, 2013, 02:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earle

Somewhere one hubcap washer has disappeared.  Is there one laying around loose at your shop?  Getting ready to go for the summer and hate to "three-wheel" it

kenmel

Are you talking about for the aftermarket chrome wheel covers? If so you can probably find them at an RV or big truck supplier. As far as I know the Clippers didn't come with any covers stock. These guys can correct me if I am wrong. ;D But as far as I know the wheels that are on mine are what is stock:

Earle

Nah. It is the washer that holds the "cap" to the wheel.  The long bolt that extends from the lug nuts and is of the length that you need a "sunken" or depressed washer to allow the wheel cover to be attached.  Hey, I just realized that I should have called it a "wheel cover" earlier and perhaps reduced any confusion.  Thanks for the reply.    But, Do you have the washer?

kenmel

Nope, Sorry you might try here though:   http://www.oewheelsllc.com/wheel_accessories/16-Chrome-Dually-Wheel-Simulators
It might help if you post up a pic of what you are needing ;D Do you know what brand yours are?

Clipper Joe

Hi Earle,
Sounds like you may have Wheel Master covers
My old 1973 Tioga had a Cup style Washer that went on A All Threaded shaft that was Attached to lug nut, is that what yours has?
Ken is right Photo has a Thousand words

I have A 1977 Dodge Clipper, Just Don't Have Funds yet to Put SS Wheel Covers as yet.
My Dometic RM 66E Fridge Just Went out,
Going to get a newer RM-2510 it is on order.
Will be Selling old on for parts at later date,
Has great Door,Knobs & Freezer Door& Gaskets.

Joe & Denise
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Earle

Kenmel   thanks for the tips, but afraid running out of time. Perhaps when we return from trip.  Thanks again, Earle