News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

A/C roof sag and leak fix

Started by JerryT, January 09, 2011, 11:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

After removing and reinstalling my roof A/C I was getting a leak. The cause was the ponding of rain water high enough to flood the A/C unit, i.e.the roof had sagged enough to hold water higher than the lowest seam/hole on my A/C. The more you tighten the A/C the more it leaks. My first idea was to remove the bow from the roof with the aid of an overhead brace but that did not get me the crown I needed. In an engineering discussion at the local brew pub a senior fellow bar stool engineer helped me perfect my idea to rase the A/C. I bought a sheet of 1 1/2 closed cell building foam insulation. I cut out a one piece spacer that has a 14"x14" inside hole and an 16"x16" O.D. I then used 1/4 neoprene gaskets top and bottom. My A/C now sits up high and dry. The fix cost me $15 fos the insulation and the neoprene was left over from my floor project. Here are a few pics of me water testing it, and thought :D

JerryT

John Eversoll

OH Jerry,!!!  I love the Sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night my daughter came over with the kids.

Her oldest son said to his mom Does granpa like me?

With that Jenn said Well Dad?  I looked at Garrett and said

I love little boys with salt and pepper!  With that he Yelled and ran off!

Give me strenght"

USNRetired

When my youngest Grandson was 6, he did something that got my undivided attention.  I told him that I was going to rip his leg off and beat him to death with the blooding end and ended with a nasty laugh.  Darn, that got me into trouble with my daughter, my wife and grandson!!  He was terrified that Grandpa was going to rip his leg off and beat him with it.  It took a long time to convince him that whenever I said anything like that it was an extreme exageration.....  that I'd never ever really hurt him like that!  (though I might want to!!) he he he he he......  I guess being a retired Chief and a Biker put him and everyone else into overload!  I've got to watch that warped sense of humor!
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Jim, it is not" a warpped sence of humor!!!

It is what I call  "MISS Understood"  My late father called it

"English Humor"...  And I know what you mean about getting

in Dutch with the family ..  No one really understands me except "ME"

And I LIKES ME"   an dI understand everything that I do is in GOOD" taste

hehehehehheheheheheheheh..
Well, to me it is...

Take care, John