News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Drawers along side fridge?

Started by pop427, July 10, 2010, 10:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pop427

My wife hated the cabinet space next to the fridge. She had to get down on her knees and reach way back to get out can goods. I took out the shelves and made roller drawers to go into the space. What has anyone else done with this space?    Doug

John Eversoll

Yes, I have to admit that I hate that area!!!  Got bit by a Black widow

while reaching for a can of food.   I would like to remove them entirely

and put some kind of clothing cabinet there.. Or just upgrade the food cabinet

there ar lots of spaces for those little critters to hide in.  John

Galvin

That is a good way to upgrade your fridge. I am sure your wife is very happy because you have done a nice remedy of it. Just make sure that it won't cause any friction that will make inside rough.

John Eversoll

Hi Doug, I would love to see some kind of drawing as to what you did!!!!
I do agree that the space below the sink is useless and those drawers suck major big time....   John :)

jon

Who ever owned the clipper before me took the shelves out and put in drawers. The bottom 4 drawers are made into the "little closet next to the fridge"  as I call it. Then on top of that they put in plastic per made drawers. I think they are Rubbermaid but I don't know for sure. I don't know where they got em but they sure are handy.
The drawers under the sink are very handy I always have them full of spices, hot pads, foil, and cooking utensils ect.  The only prob I have is if the bathroom door isn't shut all the the drawers hit it. No biggie just shut the door.

jon

I went back and looked and it appears the bottom drawers in the little closet by the fridge are factory made. I have the 1976 rear kitchen.

John Eversoll

I there, I have the 77 rear kitchen "Party style"

fridge  next to that is the Long cabinet where ya stick your hands in to grab a can of something and get bit by a black widow...

Or have a mouse run up your arm.... can't figure out how that one got in!!
But the counter in the back has to be repaired.. I looked at it yesterday and it is sagging away from the wall.. Crap, more things to do..........sigh............:)

USNRetired

Disinfect with Scotch, John.... 
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Hi there Jim, As of the 16th I have been on the wagon for ten yrs..

Funny thing is when ever I open a Bottle of coke and take the first swallow...

I can taste a schotch.... Weird" But I did it on my own and it was not fun.. 

I can be with people that drink and it does not bother me at all.   Well, enough of that..
I am going to go with that fridge guy that you went through.. and look into making some drawers for the shelves next to the fridge..

Thanks for the info and we got to hook up after I get my rig on the road....
John :)

USNRetired

Hi John, Congratulations about being on the wagon!  Good Job!  I'd enjoy having a cup of good hot coffee with you some day before you head for Oregon.  Let me know how you install the drawers alongside the refrigerator!  My wife has been after me to do the same and I've been trying to figure out how I want to go about this project.  Thinking about completely redoing the slides for the drawers under the sink too.  But want to retain the original external look of the drawer and cabinet face(s).

Tell Matt I sent you, he's a good guy and his wife is truly his partner in the business... she works right along side him and I really like both!  Just remember you need to be patient, they seem to march to their own drummer when it comes to time.  They make a 9 AM appointment, call and say they will be there at 10:30 due to running behind schedule and finally show up at 1:00 PM.  But the work is good, the service is good, the end results are really good.   He stands behind his work.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

John Eversoll

Right back at ya there Bro!!

I have patience of a saint "that is what my wife says"

I don't know, I am pretty Danish"  and the German comes out on occation.

I  hope to give the guy a call in about two weeks.  So I will let ya know.

And As SSoon as the weather gets a little better I am going to start on those drawers.

Keep in touch, :)  John

JerryT