News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Mary Jane Thurston State Park Grand Rapids Ohio Apple Butter Festival

Started by JerryT, October 28, 2009, 07:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horst

Nice pics Jerry.
Say goodbye to your pismo (one of the best early powerbooks) - but these days on the modern Internet - even G4s are no good (even if you "soup them up") - you need an Intel G5 at a minimum. And running iPhoto on a Pismo is pretty painful.

Your Clipper looks awesome. Mine is sitting in our front yard, and looks at me every morning when I leave for work - but it does get used almost every day - currently (7:07pm) the wife is hanging out in the Clipper reading her cookbooks and planning Thanksgiving - too many kids in the house (friends and cousins of our kids) currently for her to be able to read in peace - Clipper is ready to serve as always in these situations - all hooked to power, water, wireless internet and cable TV - our "guest cottage".

Hate to admit this - but I am looking for an early to mid 80s, FC Wanderlodge - I want a bigger rig for "part-timing" - my son won't let me sell the Clipper - so I may own two motorhomes sometime in the  future - luckily they will both fit in the front yard.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

JerryT

Hi Horst
I agree on the Pismo, I bought some time with it via upgrades but it was less and less viable as the computing world gets more and more  complex. The Pismo was one of Apple's best, form, function and you could just flip back the keyboard and service anything. I waited for a good replacement and I think I found it. This 13.3" Macbook Pro is awesome!!! Just a base unit, 160 hard drive and 2 memory but what a difference. I remapped a couple of keys to be more like the Pismo and I am good to go. So yes I have said good by to to the Pismo, quicker than I thought. The Clipper is like that Pismo as I have extended it's life with upgrades too. It was a winner right from the drawing board also. I tell people that the Clipper is as good or better than many new ones and I know mine is! We do the same thing with our rig, we use it as a mini cabin/guest house from spring to fall. We pull out the awning and just sit and relax or have lunch or dinner in it, read or take a nap. I have wondered how much time one could spend in a small rig before they were out shopping for more space, but I hope to find out :D The Wanderlodge sounds great, I tell people you have to pick your inconvenience when your on the road and to pick it well or you will be making changes $$$$--- but just go!!!
JerryT
P.S. I like to pull up to the front door, it makes it easier  to load and unload :P

dreedy650

Hey, jerry t   just wondering the extra bubble on top of your motorhome (above bed)  is that add on or can i add it,  I guess it will be a big project but just wondering.

JerryT

Hi Don
Check out my post "big hole in roof over bunk" in the tech area. I will post to it so it brings it up to the front.
JerryT

John Eversoll

Hi Jerry, I have a question---do you feel any wind resistance

when you are driving.????

Just wondering..   John

JerryT

Hi John
First let me say congratulations, you have been with us 6 months now and are the #2 poster (401)! Second, I am still waiting for the pics you promised us ;)  Third, to answer your question, no, I do not even know that the bubble is up there, I almost think that it helps with everything. I would like to say that being able to sit up in the bed, have some storage/shelf, and have a roof vent that you can leave open and not worry about the rain coming in is fantastic!!! I said before that the dome goes on easy, the interior trim is the harder part. Glad to read that your getting better.
JerryT