News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Bunk mattress idea

Started by JerryT, March 08, 2008, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

When we upgraded to a custom coil spring mattress in the bunk I had the guy remove four coils on each end before he sewed up the bag (cover). This gave Roxann a place for her water and kleenex to sit at night. Here is some pics of the mattress as I have it out while we paint the rig. I think this could be done to a foam mattress as well with just scissors and needle and thread. FYI this coil spring mattress sleeps super great! but it is thicker (6+") than the foam unit, another reason for the dome addition.
JerryT

Big Mac

How much did that cost?

Also, I notice that there is not a notch for the headroom board (don't know proper name) that comes out.  Does that create any probs for you?

JerryT

The custom mattress cost $400.00 plus tax. I had put a new foam multi layer (6") one in but it slept almost as bad as the original one so I bit the bullet and laid down the Big Bucks. My wife says it sleeps better than our home mattress and I agree. I have not upgraded the home mattress, I think I want the camper to sleep better, if you know what I mean!.
When I did the custom foam one I made it a wall to wall fit, Wrong!  My wife likes to tuck everything in and it was just to tight, so I made the new one about 2" short all around and WE love the fit, and it fits the camper well.
JerryT

Lonnie

I put a full sized futon innerspring matress in my overhead bunk. ( cost $140 ) it comes up short 1 foot on the end so I made a wooden box for my kids to put their stuff in ( PSP, books, etc) It was easy to get in as it can bend in the middle.  Just another idea.