News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Clutch fan upgrade

Started by JerryT, February 14, 2007, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prophetdaniel2

Hey John,
     I have a 4 core in my 440. But there is a very narrow distance between the clutch fan and the radiator. This led to my problem this summer where the thermostatic spring fell off, got wedged into my radiator, spin around and caused a leak. I got a new HD fan clutch, but have yet to finish repairs on the radiator. I may replace it with a three core after reading Jerryt's info if I can find one.
     What I really need to do is the air intake Snorkle, but I am haveing trouble finding the appropriate flex tubing....
-D

John Eversoll

Well, the other alternative is an electric fan.....

then I heard of a smaller shaft on the water pump.

Naa, I think I will go with the electric fan....  I can find lots of them in the wrecking yards

As far as the snorkle.....I am thinking of something,,,,  Dan do you have  pepboys up there???

I am sure that Auto Zone has the air intake hoses, but I am thinking of making an air intake

that will fit underneith the bumper to cool off the engine compartment .  I will let ya know how it turns out....
later gater, john