News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

My indoor lighting has mostly stopped working. Could use advice :-)

Started by clearblueskymind, August 05, 2020, 07:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clearblueskymind

hi this is my second question. The only lights inside that are working are the ones above the kitchen sink and on the ceiling in front of the refrigerator. All for reading lamps, Lighting in the bedroom and other Lighting on the ceiling will no longer go on. I toggled my circuit breakers and checked my fuses and everything looks good so I must be missing something. Any ideas? Thanks again for your help. May we all be happy and safe. Sincerely, Richard Silverman 1977 American clipper with a rear kitchen

Toedtoes

I believe the lights are run in a line.  It's possible you have a short.  I would check each light with a multimeter and see if one or more is not getting power.  Then it'd be a matter of checking the wires to and from that light to find the short.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

SierraJoe

When I was replacing my roof panels, I observed that the wires originate from the back and are ran forward through the ceiling. Sounds like a ground issue to me.  I would start with checking the connection of the wires at the triple light in front of the ceiling ac unit to see if power is coming from the kitchen light. Check the live wire and the ground.  You might also look to see if a ceiling panel had been replaced in the past and a screw or nail might have hit the wire that feeds the lights.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

SierraJoe

Take off the cover of your light in front of the ac unit. To check the ground, use a multi meter and touch the positive lead to the copper center of the socket and the negative to the outside of the socket. If you get no reading, try touching the negative lead to the metal plate of the information center. If you get a reading, it's the ground. If you still get no reading, you have a break in the live wire between the kitchen light and the light by the ac unit.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440