News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Repaired RV Door

Started by SierraJoe, May 09, 2020, 09:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SierraJoe

My latest project I took on today was repairing the RV entry door. It's been on my list about 2 weeks after I bought the Clipper. It seems that I had the RV idling at the side of the house and I went to the back RV door and the Clipper started rolling back. I had it in reverse! My wife reached in the driver's window and threw it in park, but not before the RV door caught the fence and made made a loud cracking sound. I had to reset the door frame and adjust the door afterward but not too much damage except the door was pretty flimsy on the bottom half. Today I took it apart and saw that the lower half had rotted away. I made a curbside pickup at Home Depot for materials and rebuilt the frame. I replaced the cardboard inserts with spray foam and put it all back together. The most difficult part was not having the measurements for the door length as the lumber had rotted away but I only ended up cutting off around 1/2 inch on the bottom to get the frame to fit. I was happy how the project came out.
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

SierraJoe

I forgot to attach the photo of the door all put back together and installed. I changed the oil today for the first time. With all the issues I had last year, I only drove Shaggy around 40 miles. The sticker on the windshield said the next oil change is scheduled for 91,000 and currently I have 89,000. I noticed for the first time that there was a date on the sticker and it was for 2016! I quickly ran down to the auto parts store and bought a new filter and oil. I had the most difficult time I have ever had with any car, getting the oil filter off. It was like it was welded on. I ripped the heck out of it with the oil wrench and was finally able to get the filter off by placing the wrench at the base and using a metal pipe around the wrench handle for leverage. What a mess! I was surprised that it held only 6 quarts, I was expecting at least 7. 
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440