News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Water seeping through floor by kitchen sink help!

Started by Lindsaylovesnature, June 24, 2018, 12:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lindsaylovesnature

Hi, I bought my 77 clipper  from what seems to be drug abusers and it seems like a lot of things are not put the way they are supposed to. I tried dumping the gray water tank and I think it?s pulling out but it?s not draining it.  Above the fridge raider on that panel it says holding tank two and the light is lit up. Am I just not pulling it hard enough because I?m pretty sure that?s where the water is seeping through is my gray water my Clipper is going to have major water damage if I don?t do something fast! I?m a single mom with 2 kids and money is always tight. We live in it full time and I?ve never lived in an RV before so all this is new to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Toedtoes

The gauges are not always accurate, so don't trust them.  It could be that the rubber flange on the drain valve has gotten stuck or something is blocking the valve from opening. 

You say water is seeping.  Where is it seeping?  A blocked drain valve should not result in water seeping out into the trailer unless you keep filling it to overflowing and it comes up through the drains.  If that's the case, stop pouring water through the drains. Use a dish pan and water the plants.

If something is blocking the valve, then often the only way to fix it is to cut off the pipe at the blockage and install new piping.  That can be messy if your tank is full.

You don't mention your black tank. Is it draining OK?
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754