News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

my free clipper

Started by joedkai, June 25, 2017, 05:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joedkai

guy wanted this out of his yard...I got it home got it running runs very good but the old gas made the valves sticky and bent some push rods...I am currently rebuilding the top end without removing the heads...all the valve have been freed up and I bought new push rods lifters and gaskets removed the tank and cleaned it bought new calipers wires plugs master cylinder and many other parts...anyone know where to get a new pickup tube/sending unit for the gas tank ? this one is shot...thanks

Toedtoes

You can send in your old one to http://tristarrradiator.com/ and he will rebuild it for you.  I did it and it works great.  Cost was very reasonable too.

Congrats on the free deal.

Be sure to replace all rubber (hoses, belts, tires, fuel lines, etc.) - even if you can't see any damage, the fuel lines are often full of pinholes.  And get the propane system checked to make sure there aren't any leaks there.  Those are the biggest safest issues.

Looks like there might have been/currently is leaking in the overhead by the front window.  Check it carefully and re-seal everything before the rains.  You'll save a lot of trouble later on.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

rvguy101

he rebuild my. & was about $ 150 for my.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.

joedkai

I'm going to rebuild it myself for about $20

rvguy101

can i ask, where u got the parts from for it ?,. i have a old 77, that the sending unit have a mind of it own,.
77 dodge clipper, with 20,000 miles. & a 85 Vogue motor coach diesel 35 foot.