News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Seeking Clipper of my own...

Started by GypsyDogs, April 10, 2015, 02:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GypsyDogs

I guess I should have introduced myself first, but maybe not- seeing as how I don't actually have a Clipper yet.

I am working on starting a business.  Traveling around the NorthWest of the US, with my 2 dogs, teaching training (of dogs) and promoting Positive Reinforcement.  www.gypsydogs.org  or www.facebook.com/gypsydogs   And to effectively do this I need a compact, sturdy, AFFORDABLE, means of transport/living.  No trailer (too difficult to maneuver in unfamiliar residential neighborhoods) and my truck is not camper friendly.  This leaves small motorhomes.  After wandering CraigsList, I have come to the conclusion that most in my price range are beat to heck and only worth about scrap.  There are some real gems out there, but?  then a guy in our neighborhood put a for sale sign on his Clipper.. I looked at it.  And after discussing with ToedToes- decided that considering it is none of the 3 needed things (RoadWorthy, CampReady, or CaredFor) it is way overpriced at his asking $2k for it.  It has sat for most of its life, it looks oh so sad.. needs a lot of mechanical and elbow grease and work.  It would not be a viable option for me..  But if someone is interested in a project with 22,000 miles on it odo.. I can put you in touch with the guy. I also have a couple/3 pics.

I am seeking one that is reasonably somewhere in at least 2 of the 3 needed categories (Road/Camp/Cared).  I don't mind regular wear/tear or cosmetic, I can handle those, and I have an affinity for older vehicles and machines in general.  I just cannot afford to put thousands into something that I cannot use. Not right out of the gate..  Too much to try to start a business and rebuild an RV and print money.. lol

Anybody in the Oregon neck of the woods wish to retire a lovingly used Clipper to a Great cause for not tooo much money?

Thank you to all who look and consider and spread the word.
Anna

LARRY RAY

Too bad I'm not anywhere close. Been doing a lot of soul searching as to whether to sell or not. Getting to the age it's just a pain for me to get ready.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

Toedtoes

Larry Ray - I'm sorry to hear that.  :'(

GypsyDogs - while a clipper in the Oregon area would be really convenient for you, I'd suggest you don't pass these Northern California clippers by without serious thought.  The reason being, there are a lot of folks here in Northern California, like Larry Ray, who have been a part of the club, taken a lot of pride in their clippers and maintained them to the best extent possible.  Which means you're more likely to get a clipper in good condition around here, than you would elsewhere.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

GypsyDogs

Tt- I said 'Oregon neck of the woods'  .. as opposed to, say, Illinois or Florida - lol
Northern Cal is not out reach, it would just entail a few emails and some pics and a phone call or such.. :)

And Larry Ray- I am sorry to hear that you will possibly be giving up your Clipper. 

I am getting to the age that packing/Tenting is getting to be a pain.  And for what I would be doing, a tent would not be sufficient.  It would be unsafe for my dogs to be alone, while working with clients, and we would be away from home for several nights in a row. So a small, nimble, motorhome would be the absolute best option.  And, seeings how my first car was a '64 bug (that wouldn't even Roll when I bought it.. btw) you can imagine my love and appreciation for the charming Clipper  8)

LARRY RAY

I a m in northwest Texas. 60 miles from the NM border. Unsure if My Clipper is all original or not, but I do know all the appliances are, and all in working order. The only thing is the interior color. Mine is a tan on the couch,bench seat, and upper bunk. Only thing I have really had to do, was replace the carpet to vinyl and put new gasket on fridge door as well as new roof top AC. Oh a couple more things. New rebuild on tranny and tires along with bearings. Just the normal maint. Good luck your your search.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.

sabenorio

Hi,
We have a 1978, 21' with Side Kitchen.  We're just about to put it up for sale.  Everything is in good shape, it's ready to go. Please contact me for details if you're still looking.  We're in SF Bay Area.   csabenor@hotmail.com
928 Membership No.

Hotwheeler2000

Have a 1979 clipper 350 Chevy chassis in California 2500

Clipper Joe

Where Can This Clipper Be Viewed?
Do You Have A Contact Info?
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher