News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

1978 Clipper 21 ft w/Side Kitchen For Sale

Started by sabenorio, May 15, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabenorio

1978 American Clipper Class C Motorhome. Asking $4,900 OBO. Runs and Looks Great! Third owner. Owned since 1998. Maintenance records demonstrate the rig has been proudly maintained inside and out. Comes with extensive American Clipper Club newsletters and spare parts.

21 Feet length overall. Side Kitchen with 4-burner range, oven, and hood; Lots of storage space; Double stainless steel kitchen sink; Rear Bath & Shower; Refrigerator?Freezer; Roof A/C; Furnace; Hot Water Heater; Mini Blinds; Sleeps 4; classic Gold Cobra CB Radio. All systems and appliances work normally.

131,xxx total miles on the rig
26,000 miles on rebuilt Dodge 440 V8 engine
21,000 miles on rebuilt LoadFlight A-727, 3-speed automatic transmission
Like new Cooper Tires (8.75-R16.5 LT)
Dana 60 rear end with 4.10 gear ratio
Doug Thorley headers (runs quieter, cooler, and gets better mileage)
Rebuilt Carter Thermoquad 4-BBL carburetor
Roof completely sealed against leaks
New ignition system: ECM, distributor, coil, ballast resistor, spark plugs, and wires
New house water pump, wastewater piping, and dump piping and valves
Rear air leveling bags, extra rear leaf spring, and Bilstein shocks
Chrome wheels and Stull chrome front grill
Trailer hitch and awning.

$4,900 or best offer. No trades.

Please reply to cin_shop@yahoo.com  with questions.
928 Membership No.

Sfine

VERY nicely kept Clipper, somebody is going to get a gem when they purchase yours. I'm looking for any possible friends to but it because I think it's such a nice rig.
Where did you get the front grill? Real sharp!
Good luck on the sale..surely you will miss the ol Rig. Did you give up RVing, or buy another RV?
Do share !
Steve
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

sabenorio

Thank You.  Funny you referred to it as a 'Gem', we've called it that since we bought it in 1998.  The front grill was on it when we bought it.

We've been ACOC members most of that time too, but haven't been able to attend many functions.  We're still working and have elderly parents that need care so we just can't use it much.  We've just decided the upkeep -vs- use is too high for us.  Yes, we will miss it a bit, but it needs to be used more!

I've posted on Craigslist too, so if you know of anyone interested there are more pictures there.
928 Membership No.

sabenorio

We sold it!  Nice, young couple from Fremont.  We suggested they join the Club and pick your brains about maintenance and repairs.

Take Care!
928 Membership No.

Sfine

Congratulations...I think?!  All good things must pass.
   I hope you have lots of great memories in your old Clipper,  and are comfortable in knowing it has gone to good hands that will make more memories to keep, like you!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California