News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

swamp coolers

Started by FREE BIRD, June 25, 2002, 01:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FREE BIRD

my 76 Clipper has the Swamp cooler on the roof. I see that the water reservoir holds 5 gal.I see how to top it off if the water level is low but my question is how does it replenish its self. Water evaporates quite quickly. do you leave the pump on and does it draw from the water tank? any one know how it works.

cat

Years ago I had a roof mounted evaporative cooler made by Coleman.  Water was supplied by the main water pump via a separate hand controlled valve.(This was a add on feature)  When the cooler tank was empty, it would be necessary to refill it by turning on the main water pump and then opening the valve until you think you had enough water in it.  In order for this thing to work properly, one had to make sure a window was left open.  Used it once in Willets, CA. and promptly removed the whole mess when I got home and took it to the dump.  The idea was O.K. You turned on the fan and the cooler pump and water flowed over the grassy pad.  Plus it was DC.  It just didn't provide any real cooling effect.  The real problem is Coleman quit making repair parts long ago which further encouraged me to dump it.

handyman

Coolers on homes have a water line from the house water supply and the unit has a float assy when the water gets low the float tunes on the water valve and refills it, see if yours has a float with a water line going to it  

FREE BIRD

Tanks guys I do have a float now i see how it works thanks. happy camping