News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Leak in rear bathroom, right hand corner inside closet.- suggestions! !

Started by pdxpfeifer, November 19, 2016, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

I have been ripping out and replacing all the hatches. I still seem to have one leak!!!! UGH! In the rear bathroom, facing the toilet, right rear, the area is damp.

Suggestions? No visible signs of damage on the roof. I re-did the vent and did lots of self leveling sealant. I pulled the guard rail on top by the ladder and re-did that too. when I first found the leak, I did find one of the screws in the guard rail had split the wood that I was mounting too and so the screw had backed out and was sticking up, so I fixed it and added more sealant and then added some additional sealant to the new hatch I put in. I still seem to have moisture.

suggestions please???? This appears to be my last leak and I pulled then entire back 3 feet across and insulation in kitchen and bathroom and re-framed to get rid of the mold.

thanks
robyn
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Toedtoes

Have you checked the rear window for signs of shrinking trim?  I had a leak in the kitchen that was coming from the window.  The rain would hit the window and roll down to the trim and when it got to the corner, there was a gap and the water was seeping inside.  I still have to replace the trim, but I caulked all the inner corners of the windows and there is no more leak.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

pdxpfeifer

All the window seals need replacing. I have caulked then as a stop gap. This leak is in the corner up in the ceiling of bathroom, under insulation. I haven't put that part of the ceiling back in yet after reframing everything. I added more caulk to guardrail and Ben really covered everything. Seems to be fixed now??
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799