News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Re-upholster couch and dinette?

Started by pdxpfeifer, February 27, 2016, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdxpfeifer

Anyone done this? I have gotten some fabric and can sew. I would love comments on worked best for you if you have refinished the dinette and couch.

My Clipper is 1977 rear kitchen, standard dinette. I was going to do marine grade vinyl on the bench portion, to help better with possible spills from the children and then the fabric on the two cushions. Any suggestions for being removable bur avoiding zippers?

The bed was a remake - so It's just a long like 6 foot piece of foam.

Please someone encourage me and tell me you happily got away without doing a piping on the corners of the cushions!

Would love any suggestions or feedback you have about redoing the cushions and couch.
1977 440 rear kitchen #3799

Toedtoes

I haven't done it, but my aunt used to do it a lot.  The easiest way is to deconstruct the old covers and use them as a pattern for the new ones:  remove the old covers and tear out the seams, then use the individual pieces to cut the new ones, then sew together.

Instead of using a zipper, you can try velcro - but I'm not sure how it will work with vinyl.

Depending on where and how you camp, the vinyl might not be that comfortable (sticky leg syndrome).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

pdxpfeifer

Thanks, that is what I was finding online. No sticky thigh issues here in Oregon :) We are usually Oregon Coast or Mountains, both are cool at night. I was just thinking that Vinyl with two boys 5 and 8 would be best for spills and dribbles while eating. If its super hot, I could always toss a towel down.

WE put down feather beds before laying sheets for sleeping (yea - I like fluffy! Too many back injuries, despite being sort of "young-ish")

I am going to have to replace all the foam, it smells so rank and musty!

1977 440 rear kitchen #3799