News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Have not posted in a while

Started by JerryT, November 29, 2015, 07:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryT

Hi All
Could not sign in so I re-registered using my old JerryT name and password. Was wondering if my old posts can be linked to me?
Going to be changing engines this winter as my old 440 is getting tired. Will post lots of pics and action shots of this exciting event  :D I have a low mile H.D. 440 engine from a 78 class A. I am pondering the three ways to change engines---1- out the side door---2-out the front---3-out the bottom. Any thoughts???

JerryT

Clipper Joe

Hi Jerry,
Welcome Back ???
I Have A 1977 Dodge 440, I Put My Motor In & Out Through Pass. Door, The Dodge Manual Says To Remove From Front. I Have Done Vans Both Ways. Have Found Much Easier By Side Pass. Door.
Just Have To Build Engine & Support Rear Block When Transmission is Off. In The Manual Has A Rear support You Can Make Out Of 3/4" Galvanize Pipe & 1/2" All Thread. I Just Used A Floor Jack On Rear Of Engine. Then Put Heads & Manifold Together. Make Sure You Snap A lot Of Photos, And Mark Wiring Connections.

If You PM Toedtoes, She Can Try & Link Your Old Posts Back To You.

Good Luck & Keep Us Posted On Your Project ;)

Remember We Are Here If You Have Any More Questions...

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

Welcome back.  Unfortunately, there is no way to re-link your old posts.  This past September, in order to remove all the old spammer registrations, we deactivated all posters who had not visited the website since 7/1/2014.  With over 30 pages of registrations (we now have 5 pages), there was no way to individually identify legitimate users versus spammers.

Looking forward to seeing your progress with the new engine.  I just had my 360 rebuilt - I believe they went through the passenger door also.

If you are a national club member, let me know your number and I'll get you access to the member only sections.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

prophetdaniel2

Hi JerryT! I always tell my wife that if we ever come across a nose cone we are emulating your mod!