News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Our Clipper is being reborn.....

Started by jenn0218, November 07, 2014, 03:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenn0218

My boyfriend, Kyle, acquired his 1977 American Clipper many years ago, I believe from the original owner. It has the Big block 440 engine in it and is the rear kitchen floor model. It had been sitting for several years and does need some TLC. We need to recaulk the roof seals around the vents(we live in Western Washington and it is rainy season now, so it is currently tarped) :) The bathroom pretty much needs a complete overhaul and we are thinking of adapting a portable grey-water tank. It needs new brakes and could use a tune up but it runs and drives My boyfriend is pretty handy at fixing things thank goodness. We also want to replace the propane tank. I want to reupholster the cushions I've already re done some curtains and have others I'm working on. I was injured in June of this last year and haven't been able to return to work since then so we are currently living in our clipper and I must say I love it :D I just wish we could make a little more money so we can finish fixing this girl up right so she is mobile again! Right now we are parked in a friends yard so we can get things done, just no income at the moment slows the process down. My next priority is getting my bed replaced, the old foam just isn't cutting it anymore lol I am glad I found this community. I would love to start a local chapter and join the national club maybe after we relocate to Oregon in a few months! I look forward to joining this community!

And she doesn't have a name just yet......

Jenn and Kyle <3

Sfine

Welcome Jenn and Kyle!
Words of encouragement....things WiLL improve for you in good time, I just feel it!  And as long as you have your Clipper, you'll never be without a roof over your head.
With Kyles talent and your support, the Clipper will ride once again.  We've had our just over a year now. I knew nothing then, but have learned so much in that time, this site will be your lifeline to anything you may encounter in need of repair or attention. 
I do believe we have a few members from Washington already...
Keep up the positive attitude .   
I wish we could give you our old mattress....but it's probably as old as the one you have now....at least it's seeing some action!,, wink!
Best wishes on your recovery.
Steve and lauren
We haven't named ours either..."Clipper" works for us!!!
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California