News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Facebook

Started by Sfine, October 02, 2014, 08:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sfine

Some of you may have relieved an email inviting you to join the Clipper facebook page.
This is in no way an attempt to replace our website, but to enhance us Clipper owners a place to easily post photos and keep an ongoing conversation of our doings,travels and repairs. 
If you didn't receive an email and would enjoy the Clipper facebook site please IM me and I'll send an invite to friend you.
Hopefully this may strike up some new interest and input from others who read but do not engage, rather than counting on the few who share all the wonderful info to keep our rigs rolling.
Many of us only know each other by our screen name and have never seen one another or eachothers Clippers...this may be just another form to enjoy.
Thanks!
Steve
78 440 dodge Bunk
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Rd Ready

Great Idea,, I concur.. it would be a great resource.. and Asset to the Clipper site, seeing as its getting harder and harder to post questions and Photos in the right place on the Clipper site..  ;) seems like they are running out of room or something..  :-\ I've noticed Less & less Places to ask a question, its not like when I first joined,, would be Nice if they opened up all the category's   again.. I wonder what happened.. ?  8)

Toedtoes

There is no limitation to posting.  What categories are you unable to post a question in?  As a National Club Member, you should have access to all.

The only boards that are closed to posting are General Discussion, Tech Forum (the board, not the category), and Tips & Tricks.  Those are closed because I am trying to move their threads into the new boards.  For example, there are threads about tires in all three of those boards - I am trying to get those threads all moved to the Chassis Work board so that folks can find the info easier.  With over 8,000 threads in those 3 boards alone, it is slow going.  But, in the end, it will be much easier to find those tire threads.

As for the photos, I can make the size limitation bigger again, but folks will still have to downsize their photos first simply because digital cameras take very large photos (5mb to 16mb per photo).  Even camera phones take photos that are at least 2mb each.  Photos of those sizes will slow down the loading of these pages to the point of hair pulling.

Again, let me know which boards you cannot post in and I will figure out what the problem is.  If you're just unsure of where to post a question, don't worry, just post your question anywhere.  I may move it if there is a better fit, but it is not a reprimand - just my attempt to keep things organized.  ;D 
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Toedtoes

Sorry for the hijack Steve. 

I think the Facebook page is a great idea.  Hopefully it will bring more folks into the clipper.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Not feeling jacked at all Toes...! Hi or otherwise!!!  ;). But thanks.
  You have taken on a huge task with our site as moderator, and have put a lot of energy into making improvements where most needed.  Personally, I appreciate all of your efforts, thanks so much.
We'll see what response if any comes to facebook it is an easy and light hearted approach that most are familiar with... Besides I love photos.😀
Steve

Murphys, California

Rd Ready

My Bad toes, I was mistaking. I stand corrected. And I finally did get the photos down.. I just had to Fiddle with it.. Sorry that  My technologically Impairments are showing again..  :P

Clipper Joe

Hi Rd Ready,
Hope You Are Enjoying Your New Digs.
How Did You Make Out On Your LPG Gas Stuff? ???

Are You Getting Much Of A Winter Back There Yet, In The Past Week We Have Been In The, 95-100+ Range, Hot For North Calif, More Like Southern Calif. Weather, We Need Rain & A lot Of It. :-[

Need To Fill My Fishing Lakes Up For Next Year. ;)

Hey, I Think I Would Rather Keep With This Web Site, Not Too Keen On Facebook,
But To Each Is Own..

I Feel, If There Is Any Problem With The Threads On This Site, Just PM Toedtoes, She Has Done A Super Job, & Has Worked Many Hours, To Bring It This Far.

We Just Have To Get The Reader To Start, Sharing Some Of There Info, Go Or Bad, It Is Needed To Get More Input To Keep This ACOC Web Site Alive, & Also, If You Seen A Clipper In Your Neck Of The Woods, Get Them To Join The Greats Clipper Spot Around. ;D

Take Care,

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Rd Ready

Clipper Joe,was so Happy to see a Note from you... thank you..  Of course I am .. Digging on the New dig's 8).. In response to your question on the LPG Project,,,  I only had to Replace the Hose From the tank to the Solid Line.. I lucked out ..No not getting much of a Winter yet it's been in the 90's Mostly, But this week a little Cooler. in the Mid to high 80's..  :-X sorry to hear about your weather too, Kinda sounds Like nothings Changed anywhere yet.. I hope you get that rain..  ::)..Yeah I am Loving the Fishing out here, all kinds of Places to go.. So lovin it.. Oh I want to keep this web site to as My primary source and it is the original.. don't worry I have some Loyalty. No Problems with the site.. It was my lack of technical Know how.. But I'm learning.. And I will Definitely Introduce myself & tell them about Clipper site if I see any.. Not to worry.. Hello Toe's & Sfine.. Nice to have you all to bounce stuff off of. Thank's Peace Love & Chocolate covered Granola.. .. No I'm not a hippy.. I just think its a Cool thing to say Instead of the Norm..  ;D by the way,, I took my first shower yesterday.. Man when you are 6'3 200 lbs there isn't much room in there.. I think I might have to Make a Shower booth Outside.. lol

Sfine

That's too funny Rd. !  When you're 5' 9" and a buck 40 on the scales, there's not much room either, I can't imagine you trying to reach anything without falling out and onto the toilet...!... Visual!!! I'm thinking that you could fill the tub and hang your legs out!!!!  I really like the outdoor shower idea, in good weather of course, I've often thought than an optional external set of water spigots would be great for a lot of things...like cleaning stuff you don't want to inside, whatever.
  We have found that a small plastic seat in the shower helps, using the handheld, sitting down, at least you can raise your arms that way.  They also have tracks for the curtain that extend well outside of the tubs perimeter and gives one a little more width in the shower area.  Lauren isn't a big fan of the Clipper shower, like I am. She prefers a "real" shower. I, personally love it! 8)
   And ... just so you all know, in no way am I trying to replace this site with facebook, I am not really into facebook, but I do know that it's easy to follow and post for everyone, just fun stuff.  And hoping to strike new interest . I have read EVERY thread here...probably 2X.....it'd be nice to add some new input in any fashion.  I'm not holding my breath.
We're excited to see YA all in San Andreas!!!
Steve n lauren
     Murphys, California

Sfine

The " new"  American Clipper Fans. Has the Facebook page set up for everyone to share fun stuff.
  This will not host technical issues, just fun, interesting journeys and stories of our loved Clippers.
All you have to do is go to American Clipper Fan at FB, then like the site and then you can post and join in with photos and such.
See ya there!!!
     Murphys, California