News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Do we ever have to pull over at weigh stations?

Started by Serenity, July 26, 2014, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serenity

Hello!

I'm not sure if we ever need to pull over to be weighed when the stations are open?  I'm betting that every dang state is going to be different and each one of us needs to go to law school in order to know how to not go to traffic jail.   :-[

Usually, the weigh stations say that "trucks" must pull over.  And guess what... my title says "truck" in one blank and RV in another blank.  So, what's the scoop on this?

What's the rule of thumb?  And, if we *do* have the pleasure of getting weighed, what are the limits and parameters and rules and threats and pitfalls and risks and what happens next?  Anyone ever get hassled with their Clipper at a weigh station?

Thanks!!

DolphinJazz
1979 Clipper (21') with a 440 CI engine, Arbor Vitae, Wisconsin... or more likely, on the road!!

Toedtoes

Weigh stations are for commercial vehicles.  Your clipper does not have to go through them.

But, it is a good idea to get your clipper weighed (fully loaded) so you know your max weight - that will come in handy with towing, ferries, etc.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754