News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New to this, seeking advice =)

Started by Bryan, May 29, 2020, 12:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan

Hello All!
I've never owned one of these gems before, but I'm excited to. I'll be looking at purchasing one in my area this weekend, and I'm wondering if anyone can give me some super-newbie advice on what to look for? I've been an old VW Rabbit guy for a while now and see similar posts in our forums... things like "check the front strut towers for rust" or "check for water damage on the fuse panel" or "bring a multimeter." Any advice is greatly appreciated! Hopefully I'll check it out and drive it home this weekend!!!

SierraJoe

Hi Bryan, welcome to the forum! Clippers were well built and there are still quite a few on the road today. This link to a past discussion goes back a few years, but the advice is still relevant today. http://americanclipperownersclub.com/techforum/index.php?topic=2262.msg10627#msg10627. If you are mechanically inclined, the Clipper is pretty simple to work on. Good luck and I hope it works out for you!
77 821 F 1 T Dodge 440

Mr. Garrison

Hey Sierra Joe-  I was reading about all the work you did on your Clipper.  Very impressive.  I let my membership here lapse, but I'm going to send in another $30 to join again.  My Instagram feed is american.clipper, and I'm outside of Portland, OR.  You can also see a ton of images by searching #americanclipper and #americanclipperclub on Instagram.  I don't do FB or any other social media site. 

Hey Bryan- did you buy a Clipper?