News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Storage Layout for Rear Kitchen Models

Started by Toedtoes, February 23, 2014, 08:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I originally laid out my storage in a way that worked well for my solo trips.  But, when a friend joined in, the layout doesn't quite work so well and we got in each other's way.  So, I re-arranged things in hopes to better fit both type of trips.

I thought it might be nice to share layouts, so here is mine:

Ceiling shelf - blankets, sheets, throws.

Cupboard over dinette - the front section is my entertainment center: games, paperbacks, paper, pens, etc.  The middle section holds towels, tablecloths, etc.  The back section is empty for guest clothing (or temporary stuff if I'm traveling alone).

Cupboard over sofa - the front section is for my clothing.  The middle is for water inflatables (they come in handy as emergency sleeping pads).  The back section is for lanterns, and miscellaneous electronic gear (small battery powered charger, USB cords, indoor extension cord, small inverter, etc.).

Cupboard over fridge - this is my "tool box".  It also holds light bulbs, adhesives (glue, tape of various types, etc.), screws, nuts, washers, etc.  I also keep a bunch of shop towels and gloves (disposable and non-disposable) in there.

Tall pantry - originally I had all my food products in here.  But, I found that it wasn't "instinctual" to go in there for snacks, hot cocoa, etc.  So, all my meal preparation foods and supplies are in there.  Canned goods, mixes, dry goods, etc., as well as baggies, tin foil, wipes, etc.

Kitchen drawers - I moved my snacks and hot cocoa/coffee in a couple of these drawers.  This way they are easy to see what I am getting without having to pull everything out.  I also have my utensils, kitchen towels, etc. in drawers.  One of the longer drawers holds all my clipper paperwork*.

Bathroom cupboard - All my first aid, toiletry, etc. needs are in here.  I use small caddies for easy access - and they are grouped so if I use a facility restroom, I can just carry a single caddy with what I need.  I don't really use the under the sink space, I figure I won't have it available anyway if I install the outside shower.

Vanity cupboard - the top holds small miscellaneous items such as safety pins, lighters, aspirin (easy to get to), tums, etc.  The lower cupboard holds batteries, citronella, candle holders, etc.

Closet - jackets, shoes, dog food, water bucket, broom, leashes, hats, etc.

Under Seat Cupboard - oils, outdoor extension cords, dogbone connector, etc.

Outdoor Compartment - sewer gear, hoses, outdoor chairs/tables, blocks, jacks, pooper scooper, etc.

So, how do you arrange your stuff?

*I use these to store my clipper paperwork:  http://www.kmart.com/mead-five-star-expanding-file-zipper-7-pocket/p-025W003333749000P?prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5.  I have one for manuals, repairs, etc. and one for club information (newsletters, rosters, etc.).
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754