News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Not a Dump Site But a Wash

Started by Toedtoes, December 30, 2013, 03:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toedtoes

I've been told that there is a truck wash at West El Camino Ave and I-5 in Sacramento that will wash and remove oxidation for $1.00 per foot.  I haven't tried them yet, but I'll post a review once I give them a try.  $21 isn't a bad price to pay to not have to wash it myself.
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Sfine

Truck washes are awesome if you have the time. With two trucks in front of you, you may find yourself waiting a spell .
We stopped at one somewhere near the Arizona California boarder. I was impressed how detailed they were, not just a blow and go either. Even dried it off!  They used some sort of spotless rinse and a liquid wax that shined for weeks like it was buffed.  $25 and a small tip,, I call that cheap, even did the roof!  There was no fancy waiting room with all of the sweet smelling odor hangers for sale, but the ( truck) stuff they did sell was worth seeing, and a wall of tractor trailers photos that would delight any drivers curiosity. Feel like a TEAMO for a moment!!:)
Nothing is worse than a filthy old rig...a clean shiny one no matter what age..is a beautiful thing.
Yes!?
1979 440 Dodge 21' Bunk      #3766
     Murphys, California

Clipper Joe

Hi Steve,
So You Have Used A Truck Wash,
Going To Try One When I Get Real Dirty.

I Have Always Got A Few 5Gallon Buckets Of Soap & Went To Work, Few Hours Later ' Wilson ' Is Squeaky Clean, Then He Tells Me A Little Wax Huh!
Then Few More Hours Later He's Happy  :o :o
Getting Old It Is Getting To Be A Real Big Job For Me.

Will Not Be Able To Make This National Rally In Feb.

But Hope To Meet You All @ Next One For Sure.
Seems Like When You Retire You Have All This Time, Not That Way Something Always Comes Up....  :)

Take Care,
Joe & Denise
ACOC # 3749

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher