News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Small Request

Started by Clipper Joe, July 25, 2013, 08:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clipper Joe

I have be checking a lot of the pass information on this Clipper Forum.
I Notice that in Past  Replies, Most Clipper Owners left there First Name.
It makes it easier to response with a person Name.
instead of these hard & long Screen Names.

What do you all Think?

Thanks so much,
Joe & Denise

1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Toedtoes

I don't use my real name on the internet.  It's a "thing" with me.  But because of that, I always use a screenname that's easy to type.  And you can always call me Toes.  ;D
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

Clipper Joe

Thanks Toes,
I know what you mean....

What State are you In?

It is nice to see that there is a lot more Clipper Owners using Forum & Have Seen A lot more Guess Logging in. Would be nice to Break the Log in Record again Huh?

Will Post some Photos of Clipper, Just Finished Painting Cab & Stripes on Clipper,
Wife Said it Looks Great, Have to make them Happy, That's how to Justify Money.
"She is always saying are you going to work on your RV Wilson Again"

Regards,
Joe

ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

I'm in California.  I went to the Bay Area club rally this past weekend, and it appears that the longtime Clipper owners (many of whom have posted here in the past) don't check out the forum anymore.  I suppose it's because they've gotten to the point where they have done what they're going to do to their clippers other than general maintenance and they know how to do that stuff by now, so no reason to post.

So, I think it's up to us newbies to kick start things again.  There have been a lot of new registrations in the past couple months, so that's a good sign.

Can't wait to see the paint job!  Mine is in good shape so I've been lucky.

kenmel

My name is in my screen name ;D Yeh, I am the only person in Arkansas with a Clipper I think lol. When I first found this site no one had posted for over a month and there had not been any post before that for a few months. I thought I was talking to myself for the first few weeks here and then slowly more people started joining and Shayne reopened the registering process so it made it a lot simpler. I am seeing the ol' timers lurking and posting ;) ;) so they are still here. I am glad everyone is posting again and am looking forward to getting this place firing on all cylinders again. Thanks Ken

Clipper Joe

Hi Ken,

You Are Along Ways From My Home Town Of Calif. Just Got Back From A Visit With My 2 Sons In Kansas, was Over 100 Deg. Im Like Toes, We Like Our Built In A/C In Nor-Cal, Mild Weather Here...

Being The Only Clipper Owner In Arkansas, Keep It In Great Shape & You Can Make Some Money When It Is Another 50 Years Older, Like A Model T or A Ford Is.
I Try To Read Posts Each Day, It Is A Great Source Of Info, Like Panel Pete Said, He Has Some Great Info On Mr. Ivr Perch Business Ventures.. I Enjoy Looking At All Other RV Forums Also.

Take Care, & Happy Camping,
Joe

ACOC#3749

Clipper Joe

Hi Toedtoes,
Where Was The Rally @ Last Weekend?

I Met A Older Clipper Owner & His Wife The Other Day, They Bought There Clipper New, Its A Chevy Clipper. He Said He Has Been Out Of The Club For A Few Years Now, Great Nice People :D

I Gave Them The Dime Tour Of Ours, & His Wife Liked The Few Touches My Wife Added Foo-Foo To The Curtains In Clipper. I Add Honey Cone Pull Down Blinds, & My Wife Wanted Pull Back Curtains Also.  Have To Make Them Happy, If You Know What I Mean?....

Have Been A Little Busy, Will Post The Paint Codes & A Few Photo, Was A Labor Of Love, Doing Cab & Stripes. Won't Do It Again A lot Of Taping.. :P As Soon As I Can, Have To E-Mail Photos From Phone & Size Smaller To Laptop Then Post on Forum.

Joe
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

The rally was in Isleton.  If you like "RV Parks", it was OK.  I prefer traditional camping type locations with privacy between sites, etc., so it didn't do much for me.  But for a group get-together it was a decent place (and local to most Bay Area folks).

I think the one item in my Clipper that almost everyone has shown interest in, are the RVminders I picked up at Camping World:  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/rvminders-set-of-10/66688

I put labels on the ones that I didn't need (like the Sliders) and am using them for things like "Emergency Brake On" since my light doesn't work and "Propane On".  They are really nice and hang on the steering wheel  so you can't really miss them and drive off with your power plugged in.

Clipper Joe

Hi Toe,

How Many Clippers Were At Rally? Don't Know Where Isleton? Was There Full Hook-Ups?

That A Great Idea, Going To Pick One Up Next Time I Stop @ Camper World, Then I Will Not Have to Write It All Down. The Mind Fades A little After 60 Years  :'(

Will Post Under New Topic >>> I Got Photos Of Paint Job, Will Post Color Code # @ Later Date Have To Get Them Together.

Joe
ACOC#3749

Toedtoes

There weren't a lot of clippers.  3 or 4 plus mine.  There was one SOB (some other brand) and a tent. ;D  The clippers were nice.  I got to see the infamous "orange shag carpet" cab ceiling!

The site had full hookups.  It was at Delta Shores Resort - it's basically a large grassy parking lot with a few trees here and there. $40/night (and yes, they charge you that for a day visit also - so I ran my a/c the entire time to get my money's worth).  The delta/river was across the road.

I've been told the location for the National is better - they get the "group area" so the club is separated from the rest of the folks and there is a clubhouse and picnic/bbq area right there for us.  It's also a bit less per night (about $31 depending on how many folks attend).

On my way home today, I saw a clipper at the back of an rv dealership.  I stopped to check it out, but it was actually BEHIND the dealership in a very small trailer park.  Amazing how quickly I saw that American Clipper sticker on the front.

Looking forward to your photos.