News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Article from 1996 featuring Irv Perchs' latest creation - Son Of Clipper!

Started by Panel Pete, July 02, 2013, 03:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panel Pete

I know, it's almost a twenty year old article but still found it interesting. I don't know if this has ever come up but it's neat to see that Irv never lost his passion for RV's.

See the whole article with pictures here: http://www.rv-news.com/sept1996/newrv.htm

Here's the article it self: 

Aristocrat, American Clipper Founder
Irv Perch Is Back Making RVs

Irv Perch, a pioneer RV manufacturer has come back into the RV business with a new line of folding camp trailers called the Fold-N-Roll. After more than 15 years out of the business, Perch developed a hard-sided, folding RV whose roof raises and lowers hydraulically allowing the owner to completely set up or break camp and be back on the road in less than one-minute.

According to Perch, the design has many never-before-seen features including an optional front nose wheel for front-wheel-drive tow vehicles and is built with all-weather, hard-sided construction (no canvas) that completely folds down to a compact 5 foot, 5 inches and raises up to a height of 8 feet. The tow vehicle does not need to be unhitched from the trailer to raise or lower the unit. An inside height of 6 foot, 8 inches allows for ample head room.

"It has taken a design idea like the Fold-N-Roll to get me back in the RV business," Perch said, "I have never been more excited about any product I have put on the road."

Perch is best remembered for his line of Aristocrat trailers. Over 170,000 Aristocrats were built and on the road between 1956 and 1970. In 1972, he began manufacturing the Ameri-can Clipper mini-motorhome, eventually closing with the gas crunch of 1980.

For more information contact:
Fold-N-Roll Recreational Vehicles
6980 Monterey Rd.
Gilroy, CA 95020
Phone (408) 842-5146.

Copyright ? 1996 Web Site Management, Inc.
Revised August 31, 1996
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......

Clipper Joe

Hi Pete,
Found that real nice,
Where did you fine that?
I know that Ivr Perch, was in RV Business A long time.
Was unaware he made a towable trailer..

Find more info, great reading

Joe
1977 Dodge 440  Rear Kitchen
Note: Clipper Sold: (Miss It)
ACOC#3749
Now Own 2002 Class A Diesel Pusher

Panel Pete

Hey Joe,

I'm not really sure how I came across the link for that page, I had it bookmarked on my computer -  found it interesting enough to save it! Thought that I'd put it out there for others to see as there is mention of this product on this very forum. A quick google search for "Irv Perch fold n roll" turned up this pages as well:
http://www.starling-travel.com/2012/01/23/the-fold-n-roll-trailer-from-irv-perch/
http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9191182
440 powered 77' Clipper, model 821FC

Nothing is fool proof to a talented fool.......