News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Good to see you!

Started by NoAngel, May 19, 2013, 06:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoAngel

Hello ACOC,

I was very pleasantly surprised to see two lines of very well loved Clippers at the Sugar Barge Marina this weekend!

A couple years back, I was there to take my in-laws out for a trip on the water and noticed a bunch of these stubby little RV's all grouped together.   It looked like there was a Rally of some sort.   When I got home that night I did a quick search for, "American Clipper RV" and found this site, as well as a number of pictures, devoted to this silly looking stubby RV. 

I'm a long time Airstream nut.  In 2005 found a 1972 Airstream Sovereign in a trailer park in a part of California you can only get to by going through Nevada.  I spent the better part of six years digging up original parts and gained a true appreciation of both the brilliance of the design and construction as well as the reason for the devotion of it's following.  As I worked on it over the years, I also gained a true appreciation of time and care that someone had invested in keeping it functional and repaired.  I was incredibly lucky!  That dented old beast I drug out of a that trailer park had been all over the place and the original owner had clearly taken great pride in owing and enjoying it up until the day he left us behind.  It's not worth much money but it's priceless!   

About a year ago I found a 1979 821-FCIT that had been lovingly taken care of for 115K miles at a donation place in Sacramento.  Like my Airstream, somebody clearly took a lot of pride in owning the Clipper and I feel incredibly lucky to have found it.  We've taken to calling it The Piglet and we use it, and repair it, often. 

I'm very glad to see that ACOC is alive and well! 

caninecaravan

Its always good to see new people at the rally. The one at Sugar Barge was nice in that the weather cooperated and the company was always good to see. Nice to see two new clippers show up. Its always fun to see what other people have done to their rigs. The next national will be at Gold Quartz in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Join the national group and come see your fellow clippers in OCtober from the 25th to the 27th.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Toedtoes

Would you be able to provide some info (or a link) for the Gold Quartz site?  I haven't been able to find anything on it.   I had a family emergency and couldn't make it to Sugar Barge, but I would like to make it to the next (and the Sierra Nevada is a preferred camping destination for me).

No Angel - welcome.  When I started reading your post, I was getting a bit miffed - who do you think you are calling my clipper a "stubby little RV"?!?  :o  I'm glad you've since seen the error of your ways and have come to embrace your clipper.  ;D
'75 American Clipper Dodge 360 821F; ACOC #3754

caninecaravan

The next National is at Gold Strike Village in San Andreas. Information will come out in the next National newsletter. Closer time wise is the Bay Area Clipper Club rally which is the weekend of June 21,22,23 and that is at Campers Inn in Dunning, Ca. Cost is $32.85 per night for that rally. The next one after that is July 19, 20 and 21 at Delta Shores Resort and Marina in Iselton. That is $40/night with full hookup. Joining the Bay Area Clippers for $5.00 is a cheap investment if you want to rally closer to home (depending on where you live). Look forward to seeing any new locals show up for that rally. You can send membership checks for that group as well to me and I will forward on. CanineCaravan.
canine caravan ACOC #3552