News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

New trips planned.

Started by mccammonds, June 19, 2011, 08:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccammonds

To answer JerryT.  Yes, we have out winter trip planned,  5541.6 miles according to my Microsoft Streets and Trip program.  It takes us to Sioux City, Iowa, turn right then to Jonesboro, Ar. then head to our home town in Englewood, Ks on to the Yuma/Quartzsite area then home.  Should leave on the 23rd of August and be home some time around the 1st of April.
SOLD MY 1975     821F      360cc  ACOC #3645
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

JerryT

5541.6 miles seems like a lot for the area you mentioned but that is a big area.

Jerryt

mccammonds

I did modify a couple of routes but it still came up 5430 miles.

That's what MicroSoft Streets and Trip quotes. The running miles from Orland, CA  to:
Sioux City, Ia        1673  Miles
Jonesboro, Ar      2336
Englewood, Ks      2962  (Our home town)
Quartzsite, AZ      4159
Ajo, Az         4332
Orland, CA      5430

And then some more miles put on the towed when we are put up at boondocking places along the way.

If any one would like any info on boondocking places between here and the Mississippi river and south of I-80 I would share all the info I have.
FULL TIME IN A 21FT WAS NOT CONDUCIVE TO A HAPPY MARRIAGE.  NOW HAVE A 34 FT BOUNDER
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

USNRetired

I sure wouldn't mind hearing about the boondock places you're going to discover.  I am working up to something along the line of what you are taking.  Want to take a trip to Arkansas and visit a few friends between here and there in Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Texas, Oklahoma, and possibly even Wyoming and Utah... if we go to Wy & Ut, will have to zip through Nevada too.....  to visit my money in Lost Wages.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

mccammonds

When you get ready to go and have your route planned let me know.  I can help you with many good boondocking places in  Arizona, New Mexico, Nevada,  Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nevada, and California.
U.S. ARMY RETIRED

John Eversoll

Hi guys, there is an RV park on high way 97 it is called "Walts"  they have hot showers and there is a resturant just down the road  Called Malita's

Great food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and they have  bar attached to it Wednesday and saturday nights are the nights to be there.....

Thursday nights are Ladies night!!

There are other places here in Oregon and I will post them when I get the info..

:)John