News:

This website's purpose is to share information with clipper owners and others who are interested in clippers or have old Dodge B300 chassis motorhomes.  In an attempt to share as much information as possible to as many people as possible PLEASE first post your questions in one of the forum boards rather than sending a PM to the webmaster or another member. This will allow other members to find information that may help solve their problem.  By PMing your questions, you decrease forum activity and create more work for active members who end up repeating information to individuals looking for the same information.  Thank you.

Main Menu

Howdy! New American Clipper owner

Started by Anniepoo, February 11, 2011, 06:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anniepoo

I'm Annie, I'm a single RVing woman.
    I've been RVing since 2003. 
    I just sold my old RV and upgraded to a 1978 21' American Clipper!!!

I'm thrilled! Right now I'm worn out after a day of moving, sorting, cleaning, throwing out.

John Eversoll

Wellcome""""

You will enjoy the Clipper

JerryT

Welcome abord!!!

I have a 78 also. Mine is a rear kitchen/side bath. Which one do you have?

JerryT

USNRetired

Hi Annie!!  Welcome to American Clipper ownership!!  You have a great RV. 

In what area are you located?  Have you considered membership in the ACOC?
It is very easy to do, inexpensive and carries a lot of benefits.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Jim & Marina in Beautiful Oceanside, California
ACOC #3714
1977 Rear Kitchen Party Model (821FC)

Anniepoo

I have the rear kitchen/side bath model.

It's a great layout for me. With the only bed the cabover, I've got a HUGE amount of space compared to the old machine, for no more length.

In what area are you located? 

I'm in San Francisco area.

Have you considered membership in the ACOC?
Guess I should do that!  Is there a local chapter? I'd love to meet other owners.

Horst

You should have at least one other "bed" - you likely have the two swivel chairs I'm guessing? So what is across from the two chairs - that should make into a bed of sorts.
Floor plans are here
http://www.americanclipperownersclub.com/floorplans.htm

which one do you have?
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

Anniepoo

Mine's an 821 FC - and yes, I had a 'house guest' last night, who slept on the banquet after we converted it.

Hope everybody had a great time at the meetup this weekend.
I had to miss due to other commitments - I run a technical organization, the house guest was our featured speaker, we had a meeting this weekend. He's also getting the old chevy class C that I moved out of when I moved into my new American Clipper.

When's the next one?  I wannu be nestled in among a batch o' American Clippers!

caninecaravan

The next meeting of the Bay Area Clippers is March 14 to 16 in Gridley California which is north by Chico. If you are interested let me know and I will supply you with additional information. Don't forget to send your $30 for the national dues and $5 for the local chapter if you have not already done such.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

Anniepoo

Fooey! Missed this one too!

My new RV was in the shop having some mechanical work done.

I'll be glad when this phase is through and everything's working.

As for membership - your instructions say to mail a check. Fraid I don't do those any more.
Any other way I can get the money to you?

caninecaravan

We will also accept a postal money order, bank draft and greenbacks. Any and all donations accepted. The next rally is April 8-10th at Creek RV Park which is west of Winters on Hwy 128. After that is the National rally from May 13-15th at Sugar Barge in the Delta. The Winters rally is $30/night which is about the going rate most places. Hope to see you at one of those. CanineCaravan

Anniepoo

I think I can make the one at Winters.    :D

Greenbacks works. I'll mail ya some folding money.

Anybody know where I can get a 13 1/2 x 20 1/2 vent? I need the lower part, not the lid (understand I'll probably end up buying the whole thing). When I bought mine the lid was rotten, I replaced it, it's still leaking, the cause is that the vent lower part is also sun damaged.

caninecaravan

Contact Terry's RV in Stockton and tell him you are a member of the Clipper group. He is a friend and if he has he will work something out with you. Looking forward to seeing the green stuff.

Anniepoo

So, assuming i manage to make it to the meet up in Winter, I'll just bring some cash with me.

And, whoo hoo, small victory - I'm now pretty much running all the way. Only thing not working is the fridge.

John Eversoll

Hey K 9,

I just got back from Oregon,They have a K O A there.

I checked it out and it seems rather nice...  Just thought that i would let ya know..

John

caninecaravan

Where is the KOA in Oregon. You didn't say. Thanks for the info.