News:

The club is no longer active.  The forum will continue to be available for folks to find information and ask for help.
The tech forums are now open to all.  Other vintage Dodge-based class C owners welcome.

Main Menu

Vinyl windshield cover and/or grommets

Started by yfc51, August 11, 2010, 02:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfc51

We need to replace our vinyl privacy cover for the windwhieldon our '78 Clipper.  Where can we order a new one?  Or, I would make one if I can find the grommets to attach it.  Any one done that before?  Thanks for any help I can get.  Lavonne yfc51

Horst

JCWhitney.com - that's where I got one years ago - but I can't find it now???
Has magnets on the corners to hold it to the rig - and has slip-straps that go on the inside of the door.
They must be available somewhere.
I've had mine 10+ years - love it.
Horst
ACOC  #2961
'75 Clipper 821F, Dodge 360........sold it in 2015.......now running a Ford F-250 towing a 2008 Layton trailer.

jon

Mine is the same way with slip straps on the corners and magnets in the bottom corners. Go to your local tent and awning store. They can make you one. Or atleast tell you where you can have one made.They shurley cant cost very much to make. There cant be more than 20 bucks worth of vinyl. Heck go to walmart and get he vinyl and find an old lady with a sewing machine.

John Eversoll

"Don't go to Wally World,"  They stopped selling material..........

I stocked up on material and have been making pillow cases for my son and daughter

and made some curtins for the rig..  Just thought I'd pass that on to ya

John

caninecaravan

The windshield cover is made by ADCO the same people who make the whole cover rig. Got mine at Wally World and it was about $50. Straps slip around the door jam and magnets hold it to the body. Get the one to fir the Dodge unit.
canine caravan ACOC #3552

jon

I guess I dont know where you are John but the Walmart here still sells material. We were just in there the other day getting some for my newborn babies room.

John Eversoll

How doo dee doooo my clipper friend,

I live here in Anaheim Calif.

I asked the store manager why they closed that dept and She told me that

They were loosing money on that dept. that's why they closed them..

Take care, John

caninecaravan

Look on page 86 in the camping world full catalogue. Its called an AdCO deluxe c windshield cover. The one for the dodge clipper is not listed but ford and chevy are. One of those should fit. The cost is $49.99 for the club price. They also had the ladders, but I can't find them now. Good luck
canine caravan ACOC #3552

LARRY RAY

Does yours have the aluminum slides all the way around above the dors and winshield. Mine has this and has cutains on slides that Just slide the two together and snap in the center. Same material as the rest in the Clipper so I'm guessing they are all original.
ACOC# 3514
1978--821F-- ser#48851 440 Dodge  Built on a Dream--Still a Dream.  Let's all keep it that way.